PDA

View Full Version : Disney Catch-up

Claki
12-07-2013, 12:33 PM
As we're planning our trip, I keep coming across characters and other Disney things that are either new or I don't remember from my childhood. Any that have had you scratching your head?

Duffy the Bear -- It's a character for a character??? They didn't have enough "mascots" at the park?
Princesses Tiana, Aurora, Rapunzel (is that the same as Tangled)? Can't keep them all straight.
Cows? Clarabell and who's that other cow?

Indianamom2
12-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Duffy is something new. We saw him, but didn't really pay any attention. As far as I know, he doesn't have his own show (yet) and is just a theme park thing. My kids totally ignored him.

Princess Tiana is the princess from the movie Princess and the Frog. She's been around for 4-5 years now.

Princess Aurora is Sleeping Beauty.

Rapunzel is the princess from Tangled.

Clarabell cow is usually found on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show (Disney Jr.) Not sure about any other cows though.

And just to add some more to the mix, you will probably also be seeing Princess Anna and Queen Elsa from the newest Disney movie Frozen, along with their pals Olaf (a snowman) and Sven (a reindeer).

lalasmama
12-07-2013, 08:54 PM
The basic story behind Duffy is that Minnie bought him for Mickey to take with him when he travels. They started Duffy at DisneySea (Tokyo), and was a HUGE hit there, so they brought him here, where he's become quite popular as well. Personally, I think he's adorable, and will be buying one when I'm at Disneyland next month. They also have all kinds of accessories for him--outfits and such, similar to BABW but without making the bear. I'm a bit of a Disney nut, so I'll admit, I love that Duffy has the same forward-facing silhouette as Mickey, LOL.

Christina (Indianamom, above) answered about the "new" princesses. Basically, the common princesses are Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Belle (Beauty and the Beast), Jasmine (Aladdin, she seems less common), Tiana (Princess and the Frog), Ariel (The Little Mermaid), Rapunzel (Tangled), Merida (Brave), and the new princesses from Frozen.

Clarabelle has been around *forever* (seriously, 1936 or so, in one of the first Mickey cartoons). However, it's just recently she's getting more press. Not sure about any other cows. You aren't mistaking the rabbit (Oswald) for a cow are you? Oswald was pre-Mickey, and getting more attention now that he's got his own store at Disney's California Adventure.

Claki
12-07-2013, 09:10 PM
We've been watching lots of holiday and halloween parades on YouTube and there are always two cows. One baking cookies and then another. One has a thinner face. I think it's Clarabell cooking and not sure who the other is.

BunnyBee
12-08-2013, 06:29 PM
We've been watching lots of holiday and halloween parades on YouTube and there are always two cows. One baking cookies and then another. One has a thinner face. I think it's Clarabell cooking and not sure who the other is.

Goofy?

Clarabelle is baking. Her other boyfriend is Horace. I don't remember if he's in the parades...

Claki
12-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Yep! Wikipedia says it's Horace Horsecollar.

hellokitty
12-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Duffy is dumb. I feel like they created Duffy, just to pawn off more crap. It's ok if your kids don't know certain characters, it just means that you don't have to stop and wait in line to meet that character, lol. Just focus on the ones that they want to meet.

lalasmama
12-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Yep! Wikipedia says it's Horace Horsecollar.

I was just coming to post this :) Glad you figured out who the other cow was. I had forgotten all about Horace!