PDA

View Full Version : In what and where do you store your medicine?

PMJ
12-07-2013, 03:04 PM
What type of container do you store your medicine in? And where? I was thinking a sterilite container with a lid and putting it one of the closets near the bedrooms. Links / images are helpful!

thanks!

abh5e8
12-07-2013, 05:12 PM
no pic, but it would not be exciting. a sterilite shoe box size box, with a lid and we keep it in the top of our closet. I would prefer to keep it in the bathroom, but i think the humidity from showers is not good for the pills?

eta: just remembered I also have a (bigger) sterilite box in the basement with OTC meds in it, just extra of what we keep up stairs. the basement box has a tight fitting lid and is on the top shelf.

MommyAllison
12-07-2013, 06:58 PM
We use a Sterilite drawer like this http://www.target.com/p/sterilite-deep-white-closet-drawer/-/A-13793547?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=|13793547&CPNG=Unassigned&kpid=13793547&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=13793547&gclid=CMykgN2an7sCFVGCQgodKFQAuA and it is up on a very high shelf (kids can't reach with a stool). It's in our bathroom closet - not ideal, but we haven't had any problems.

petesgirl
12-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Just in our kitchen, in one of the upper cupboards, it is all stuffed on a shelf and highly unorganized.

SnuggleBuggles
12-07-2013, 08:14 PM
In the medicine cabinet above our toilet. Nothing beyond that.

tmahanes
12-07-2013, 08:43 PM
We have two sterilite containers... One for adult meds and one for kids meds. We keep them in the hall closet since temp changes and humidity isn't good for medications. I like having them separated as it is easier for DH to find B's meds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

queenmama
12-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Just in our kitchen, in one of the upper cupboards, it is all stuffed on a shelf and highly unorganized.

This exactly. Well, I have kid stuff in an old wire basket, but otherwise it's all willy nilly.

I prefer it in the kitchen to the bathroom because we take our vitamins and medicines in the kitchen with food or drink.

Lara

cono0507
12-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Hall linen closet.
Three sterilite containers on an upper shelf:
Adult meds
Kids meds
First aid supplies

In the kitchen we have a drawer for allergy supplies (epi pens and Benadryl) since kitchen is where we'd most likely need them for our food allergies.

thelilprincess
12-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Sterilite container on too shelf of closet between kitchen and garage.

Please do not store meds in medicine cabinets in the bathroom nor in the kitchen near heat sources. If the bathroom gets steamy, the moisture and heat affects the meds in the medicine cabinet. And if near heat source in the kitchen, same thing. (I'm a pharmacist and I have patients bring me in meds and show me how their stuff has changed color, consistency, smell - and most of the time it's because it was stored in the medicine cabinet)

karstmama
12-14-2013, 11:05 AM
occ use meds in a bin in hall closet, first aid stuff in bin in hall closet, daily use meds in bin in secretary near kitchen table, and we use a different med planner for each person. (ds has two that are a week each, and dbf and i have the 4-sections-a-day-for-a-week kind that we use across like a calendar because we only take morning meds).

Nooknookmom
12-17-2013, 02:36 AM

Kitchen here too but in plastic bins labeled adults, kids and animals. Dd1 and I take a lot of meds (auto immune issues & disc issues) and I was a Pharm tech - always told never store meds in bathroom bc of moisture. So thats why I keep it there.