PDA

View Full Version : Need holiday party outfit critique

Mommy_Mea
12-07-2013, 04:28 PM
I am attempting to shop my closet for my holiday party Friday. This is my best contender so far, but I wasn't to make sure it "works".

Black chiffon overlay Jones of New York dress, black nearly opaque fishnet tights and burgundy patent leather Mary Jane peep toe shoes.

Do the color shoes work with the all black? Is it still trendy to wear tights with peep toes? Are Mary Jane peep toes woefully dated?

I have some great satin black peep toe pumps I can wear with bare legs and sparkly toes, but I wanted to go a little more fun.

Thanks for any input :-)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/08/ba5utugy.jpg

SnuggleBuggles
12-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Last year I did a LBD, black fishnets and red peep toe heels so I obviously think the outfit works. :). Eta- one year I wore similar with burgundy shoes. :)

BabyBearsMom
12-07-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm not sure on the burgundy shoes. Bright red would be good but the dark color isn't working for me. The dress is pretty though!

TxCat
12-07-2013, 07:33 PM
I don't think the shoes are working. Sorry. If you go with the black shoes you mentioned, maybe you can go with a colorful coat or necklace on top?

DietCokeLover
12-07-2013, 07:51 PM
I don't think the shoes make enough of a statement. I would do some bolder shoes or go with black and use some bold accessories.

SnuggleBuggles
12-07-2013, 08:11 PM
I wonder if the shoes plus a different leg covering would work. Not black.

Kindra178
12-07-2013, 10:14 PM
I would try a sheerer patterned leg with those shoes.

Mommy_Mea
12-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks for all the input! Sounds like a slightly different leggings might be my cheapest way to pull off the outfit. I was definitely thinking the tights were a bit heavy with the material of the dress. Hopefully I can squeeze in some shopping before Friday!

MMMommy
12-08-2013, 01:00 PM
I have some great satin black peep toe pumps I can wear with bare legs and sparkly toes...

I prefer this instead.