PDA

View Full Version : bummed to have to miss party (another ice storm b*tch)

♥ms.pacman♥
12-07-2013, 04:29 PM
my company party is tonight. was really really looking forward to it. paid for tickets, booked a sitter and all... but we won't be going though because are pretty much iced in. :( Tried going to local Kroger today(typically 5 minute drive)..it took well over 15 minutes each way and it was SCARY..the roads are so, so slick..some parts are like driving on pure ice. Because it is Texas and it rarely snows here the roads aren't cleaned up at all. The roads were way worse today than yesterday (bc the slush from everything froze) and even yesterday my boss stayed home from work and told everyone to do the same. So, there's no way were are venturing out somewhere that is normally a 30 minute drive, in the dark!!

anyway, i am bummed bc i was really looking forward to it. Really wanted a night out. I love getting dressed up but bc of my line of work I have ZERO opportunity to do so. We are freaking 35 years old, been together for 8 years and DH and I have NEVER been to a company holiday party together! FOr the past 5 years he has worked from home, telecommuting, and then I was a SAHM. I started working a year ago, so this would have been our first year to go. Bleh. I guess I should be glad i didn't spend money on buying a dress for it.

kristenk
12-07-2013, 04:37 PM
That's a bummer. I think a lot of holiday parties in the area have been canceled. DH works for a very large company and his group/division/whatever's party was supposed to be at someone's house. I'm not very disappointed about missing that one!

I miss dressing up for holiday parties!

♥ms.pacman♥
12-07-2013, 04:43 PM
That's a bummer. I think a lot of holiday parties in the area have been canceled. DH works for a very large company and his group/division/whatever's party was supposed to be at someone's house. I'm not very disappointed about missing that one!

I miss dressing up for holiday parties!

yeah it sounds like a lot of parties here are being rescheduled. but ours was at a Hyatt, and i guess the hotel does not allow rescheduling/cancellations. BOO!

abh5e8
12-07-2013, 05:10 PM
oh that stinks! so sorry. hope you can enjoy a cozy night at home with the fam. :)

Gracemom
12-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your party getting canceled. We were supposed to go to the Children's Parade downtown, and it was canceled too, along with the marathon tomorrow. I am getting so tired of staying at home. My DH and DD went to the store too today and barely got home. Let's hope the ice melts soon!