PDA

View Full Version : Baby Dropping

flashy09
12-07-2013, 10:44 PM
The last few days my bump has lowered dramatically. It shocks me every time I look down as the view is so different and I can feel a strange tingling sensation very low (my cervix I assume). My DD turned two today and at her party a friend of mine immediately noticed how much the bump has dropped so it's not all in my head.

I don't really have any signs of labor, although my Braxton Hicks are much intense this pregnancy and verge on painful at times. I get close to the 5 per hour "limit' almost daily, usually in the evening .

Is this just a second pregnancy thing or a sign the baby is coming soon? I never had a dramatic dropping of the baby with my first either so this is all new to me. She was also 5 days overdue so I have no pre term labor history.

georgiegirl
12-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Very exciting. Ds2 was super low at the end. I had people walk up to me and comment on it several times...wow, your baby is soooooo low. He couldn't get any lower. I would say I was really, really low starting at 39 weeks. He was 40+5.

Good luck!!!!

BabyBearsMom
12-07-2013, 11:03 PM
With the second I felt a lot of pressure on my cervix for months and thought she would be early (I also had a condition that was a major risk factor for preterm labor). My midwife said the sensation in my cervix was because my kids were so close together (they are exactly 2yrs and 2wks apart) and my pelvic floor didn't have time to recover. It doesn't mean you are going into labor. DD2 was born at 41 weeks so no preterm labor with her.

acmom
12-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Both of mine dropped really early - about 27-28 weeks. I did have preterm labor issues with both - more significant with the first as it was unexpected and for the second I was monitored closely. I ended up ln bedrest for both around 28 weeks. But neither was born near the time they dropped. DD was born at 38 weeks and DS just short of 36. Based on my experience, it is something to keep an eye on, but not a sure sign of labor.

MamaMolly
12-08-2013, 05:29 PM
I delivered Lula the day after I noticed she dropped and had weird pressure down below. I was 36 weeks. What does your OB say?

flashy09
12-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I haven't said anything to my OB because it really just dropped on Friday. The Braxton Hicks are really frequent and strong. Any time I stand up I get one and any physical activity sets them off too. I just don't know what's normal because with my first baby I didn't get normal BH -only a a tight sensation that would last for a long time and just occasionally. However, I have no pain or any other symptoms today. Should I call my OB (more about the BH than anything else) or is this normal for a second pregnancy? Everything has been fine with the pregnancy. The only difference is that I am literally the size I was when I delivered DD so maybe that is why I am getting these later pregnancy symptoms?

daisymommy
12-09-2013, 11:45 PM
I usually drop a full month before my due date (and I made it to 40-41 weeks each time) so you may very well have lots of time left. I felt like I was walking around with a head between my legs--very uncomfortable!

Sent from my iPad