PDA

View Full Version : Frye Veronica Slouch question

MMMommy
12-08-2013, 03:44 AM
For those of you that own the Frye Veronica Slouch boot, can you tell me if they keep their shape long term? I am currently deciding between the Frye Veronica Slouch, Pippa, and the Phillip Harness Tall (thanks to Amazon's 30% since Cyber Monday and Costco's small supply of Veronica Slouches a few weeks ago). I have all three but can only keep one. The Veronica Slouch, when brand new, seems to fit like a normal "tall" boot. Over time, does it actually start to slouch and sag? Or does the Veronica Slouch retain its tall shaft shape? Just wondering if it does live up to its name and ends up slouching, which I don't want really want. I like the slimness of the shaft of the Phillip Harness, but the zipper can be a bear to zip on the bottom 3 inches of the zipper track. I worry that I will break the zipper. The Pippa has an easy zipper and a great shape, so I am considering keeping that one too. I wish I could keep them all, but I cannot! Thanks for any advice regarding the slouch factor of the Veronica Slouch.

vtmom
12-08-2013, 08:38 AM
No first hand knowledge of the Veronica long term but I just had to choose between Pippa as and Veronica and I chose Pippa. Love them! I chose Pippa after someone on these boards pointed out that it would be easier to dress Pippa down than to dress Veronica up and right now I need a more all purpose boot. When I go back for my next pair ;) I'll get a more casual boot like Veronica. It does seem like the Veronicas I've seen others wearing were slouchier than the pair I had at home to try on.

*newmomma*
12-08-2013, 11:22 AM
I've had my Veronicas for two, maybe three years and I feel they still look new! They are not stiff and have a very slight slouch to them. I will say that I bought the Paige Trapunto within the last year and those are a slouchy mess. I don't like the way they look anymore at all! I wear my Veronicas at least four times each week in cold months.

MelissaTC
12-08-2013, 12:48 PM
I've had my Veronica's for a year and they still fit the same way they did when I bought them.

MMMommy
12-08-2013, 12:53 PM
No first hand knowledge of the Veronica long term but I just had to choose between Pippa as and Veronica and I chose Pippa. Love them! I chose Pippa after someone on these boards pointed out that it would be easier to dress Pippa down than to dress Veronica up and right now I need a more all purpose boot. When I go back for my next pair ;) I'll get a more casual boot like Veronica. It does seem like the Veronicas I've seen others wearing were slouchier than the pair I had at home to try on.

You make a good point. The Pippas are not too casual, nor too dressy. They are classic and clean looking. But there is also something clean looking about having no zipper track on the Veronica Slouch.

Oh how cute The Veronica Slouch looks in this picture (however, I am no Vanessa Lachey):

http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/stylewatch/gallery/0,,20474606_20919570,00.html

GaPeach_in_Ca
12-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Mine still look the same after 1.5 years. I keep boot shapers in them when I am not wearing them. They were recommended on BBB!

Household Essentials CedarFresh Shapers (http://www.amazon.com/Household-Essentials-CedarFresh-Shapers-pairs/dp/B006M9F50S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386793025&sr=8-1&keywords=boot+shapers)