PDA

View Full Version : Coldest night of the year = furnace dead

alexsmommy
12-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Not. Happy.
Really bad timing (as if there is good timing, but right before Christmas... grrrr).
Trying to focus on the very real fact that this is a first world problem, and they are not charging us extra to install a new one later today.
We pulled out space heaters and hunkered down under blankets for the night. Kind friends and neighbors are taking the boys this afternoon.
I think my immediate response of making Christmas Crack and my first time attempting coquito was an appropriate to the situation.
I'm under a blanket enjoying both right now.

crl
12-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Oh no. Thank goodness for kind neighbors and coquito!

Catherine

arivecchi
12-08-2013, 03:45 PM
That stinks. Ours broke on Friday too and the house was ice cold when we woke up. Thankfully, it was an easy fix! Hope you have a new furnace soon, and by all means, enjoy that coquito! This definitely calls for it!

Kindra178
12-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Oh my. So sorry. Give a shout if I can do anything. I would much rather be drinking coquito with you in a freezing house than about to pull ds1 from football watching to continue to work on the school work he missed this week while he was out sick.

petesgirl
12-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Ours broke once in a place we were renting and the owner said, "Oh, just turn on the oven and open the door."

Um, yeah, that is a great solution....if I could just sit by the open oven all day.

westwoodmom04
12-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Our hot water heater went out this morning. Tech came, hit reset but couldn't find the issue. Had enough hot water for a shower and now it is out again. Waiting for second tech to arrive and hoping that he has a safe trip on the icy roads here (freezing rain still falling).

lmh2402
12-08-2013, 10:24 PM
oh no! hoping you guys are warm in your home by now!

wendibird22
12-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Ours too! It went on Saturday night and they didn't have the part. Hoping to have heat restored today. Thankful for our gas fireplace with a blower that produces a good amount of heat. Oh yeah and this happened while I was out of town on business and DH and DD1 were sick most of the week. I'm so in the dog house with DH.

sariana
12-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Ours broke once in a place we were renting and the owner said, "Oh, just turn on the oven and open the door."

Um, yeah, that is a great solution....if I could just sit by the open oven all day.

Oh, my, that is so dangerous! The oven is not meant to be used as a home heating device!