PDA

View Full Version : ISO: Kick count app

petesgirl
12-08-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm looking for a good (free) kick counting app for android. Maybe having something like that will make me actually sit down for a couple hours and do the counts.
Any recs??

TwoBees
12-10-2013, 11:21 AM
The baby center app for iPhone has a kick counter, although I have not used it. They have an android app as well, it probably has a similar feature.

Piglet
12-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Were you told to actually count kicks or just be aware of a decrease? Just wondering as I have never had it mentioned to me in my past pregnancies. Is it something new?

petesgirl
12-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Were you told to actually count kicks or just be aware of a decrease? Just wondering as I have never had it mentioned to me in my past pregnancies. Is it something new?

Well, I was told that during the baby's most active period I should be able to count at least 10 movements in 2 hrs. DS was easy, he always moved way more than that whenever I ate something cold or just sat down. This baby isn't as active though and I can go all day without feeling a thing, no matter what I try. So I have decided I need to do actual counts and monitor it a lot more closely this time.

Piglet
12-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Just wondering, is your placenta in front this time? Mine is in front and was for the last pregnancy as well - it totally muffles the kicks! I do have some active periods, but nothing like my first 2.

joonbug
12-15-2013, 09:02 AM
My boy has been very active, way more active than DD even much later on. With her, I did the kick counts in the evening. This one has been moving most of the time, even when I'm up and around, my placenta is all the way on the back wall though.