PDA

View Full Version : well guess what??

♥ms.pacman♥
12-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Just got a call from school today, DD is coughing a lot and has a fever. OF COURSE, DH is leaving tomorrow for a 3day trip. ARGHHH!! So i have to stay home tomorrow and take a vacation day.

OMFG. This is literally HIS LAST trip, ever..this is actually his exit interview. After almost 5 years, we just can't take the insane-a$$, unpredictable travel anymore. But of course, Murphy's Law is trying to squeeze every ounce out of my sanity as possible. We had a crazy ice storm here and on Friday i had to take a personal day because the roads were just too dangerous to drive to work. I almost was going to take a day off today (all schools here are closed) but i didn't want to miss yet another day. It was okay for the most part except for on the freeway where i literally thought i was going to slide into a semi. S

It sucks too bc I am in a super super super busy time at work and have projects that need to be done by the end of the year. I am now down to just 5 vacation/sick days for Christmas/New Years. If DD doesn't get better tomorrow, i will have to work the week of Christmas. :( I had wanted to take half a day off next week to take the kids to see Santa or do something as a family, but that won't be happening for sure bc I just don't have the time. This weekend in terms of shopping, seeing Santa, etc will be insane as our entire city (state!) was basically shut down this past weekend for the ice storm.

I am so mad. DH was actually supposed to leave this morning, but then bc of the storm his flight got canceled. He was going to stay home with the kids today so we didn't have to brave the icy roads and plus DD (who was coughing this morning) could rest, but then he got stomach bug this morning, so he took them to school so he could rest at home. And now DD is sick! DS got sick Friday morning, so I am wondering if its' a bug.

Seriously,the only thing left is for ME to get sick tomorrow....

hellokitty
12-09-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm so sorry, it really does seem like you can't catch a break. :hug: I hope that things work out smoothly and you don't have to take a day off.

bisous
12-09-2013, 07:08 PM
At least there is an end to the madness! That, at least, is a good update. I'm sorry that the LAST trip has to be so complicated. Hope you don't get sick and that you can get some time off during the holidays. Hugs!

MamaMolly
12-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Oh hugs! We just recently dealt with the Transfer From Hell, which I thought would never end. It also felt like I was a walking bullseye for fate, and that our ending assignment was trying to $crew with us up to and beyond our end date. GRRRRR!

So much sympathy for you! I really, really wish I were closer and could lend you a hand. For now a cyber hug will have to do :grouphug:

♥ms.pacman♥
12-11-2013, 03:26 PM
thank you so much everyone!!! means a lot.

luckily dd's temp didn't go above 100.5 yesterday (almost no fever at all after her nap) so she got to go to school today and i only had to take 1 day off. and i don't think she or DS has HFM, thankfully...i think the icy cold weather + runny nose is just really doing a number on their skin & lips etc.

i really freaked out this afternoon when during lunch i got a call from the director of the kids' school. when i saw the number i was like "oh crap, DD must be still sick!" But apparently she was fine, she just called to let me know that a classmate had gotten mad and thrown a Lego at DD and it hit her in the mouth and cut her bottom lip. It wasn't too bad she said it was jut protocol that when a kid gets injured in the head or neck in any way they have to contact the parents right away and file an incident report. So it was just that...Phew! I almost wanted to say oh that's no big deal she's endured much worse from roughhousing with big brother. LOL.

anyway, 1.5 more days and we are done, DH will basically never have to travel again... and the sun is actually coming out and melting the ice...cannot wait!!

hellokitty
12-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Lol, about the call about the lego. Well, it's good to know that this chapter (dh traveling) will soon be over.

wellyes
12-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Hang in there. At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel.