PDA

View Full Version : Christmas party goodie bag for kindergarten. Help!

Octobermommy
12-09-2013, 09:42 PM
I was assigned my least favorite thing ever, goodie bags! AAK! Help me, I really didn't want to do a bag of crap but I am thinking that is what is expected.

Any ideas? Bonus points for links. I am not sure what to do.

SnuggleBuggles
12-09-2013, 09:53 PM
I suggested this in a thread for class Thanksgiving favors- a coloring book page or 2. Roll them up or fold with a snowflake sticker or ribbon. Or just in a goodie bag and maybe a few crayons. If you want to spend more. Target has fun Crayola packages for $1. They make novelty shaped crayons too that you could do (Etsy).

crl
12-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Small bags of Wiki sticks: http://www.amazon.com/Wikki-Stix-Favors-Assorted-pack/dp/B001BC73Y2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1386641908&sr=8-5&keywords=Wiki+sticks

playdough: http://www.amazon.com/Play-doh-Mega-Pack-36-cans/dp/B0050D1V2I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1386642021&sr=8-3&keywords=Mini+playdough

Catherine

elbenn
12-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Smencils http://www.amazon.com/Educational-Insights-1160-10-Pack-Smencils/dp/B001VDRGO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386643091&sr=8-1&keywords=smencils+10+pack

Octobermommy
12-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks guys!

I am going to make crayons & include a coloring page. Also, I got the playdough that Catherine linked & found some cute bookmarks on amazon. I'll probably include a piece or two of candy & call it a day. Does that sound like enough?

crl
12-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys!

I am going to make crayons & include a coloring page. Also, I got the playdough that Catherine linked & found some cute bookmarks on amazon. I'll probably include a piece or two of candy & call it a day. Does that sound like enough?

Plenty! I'd skip the candy if it were me.
Catherine

Octobermommy
12-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Plenty! I'd skip the candy if it were me.
Catherine

Thanks Catherine!
I think the mere mention of "goodie bag" makes me sick, but I think this will work and its not so bad.

SnuggleBuggles
12-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Ds2 had his b-day party this weekend and I was so anti goodie bags that I did a half a&&ed one. I felt like a major heel though. An hour before people were coming I realized how lame things were but no time to fix it. :( Basically they got a cool box of crayons (the Crayolas I mentioned), candy and stickers from the pinata and some fresh fruit. Some kids made a craft too. They seemed happy enough at least, except for the guest that arrived 1.5 hours late and missed the pinata. I forgot to set stuff aside for her (I remembered for a brief second then it was gone before it happened). Ugh. It's a fine line. This time of year I just don't want anymore crap in my house so I imposed that view point on the kids.

Anyway, your bags sound great. :)

Octobermommy
12-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Ds2 had his b-day party this weekend and I was so anti goodie bags that I did a half a&&ed one. I felt like a major heel though. An hour before people were coming I realized how lame things were but no time to fix it. :( Basically they got a cool box of crayons (the Crayolas I mentioned), candy and stickers from the pinata and some fresh fruit. Some kids made a craft too. They seemed happy enough at least, except for the guest that arrived 1.5 hours late and missed the pinata. I forgot to set stuff aside for her (I remembered for a brief second then it was gone before it happened). Ugh. It's a fine line. This time of year I just don't want anymore crap in my house so I imposed that view point on the kids.

Thanks for your help. My ds party is this weekend so I have to put together 2 goodie bags in less than one week. The birthday party ones will be lucky to be half a&&ed ones. Seriously, they are terrible! I keep telling myself they get a balloon & a take home cup. What more could a kid need?

carolinacool
12-10-2013, 12:52 AM

Honestly, I think yours sounds great! I know folks who basically throw as much stuff from Oriental Trading as they can in a bag. My DS never seems to really care about any of it and it ends up in the trash.

abh5e8
12-10-2013, 01:06 AM
what abotu just putting a cookie cutter

http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Holiday-Cookie-Cutter-2308-1132/dp/B000I4OJ0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386651712&sr=8-1&keywords=christmas+cookie+cutters

with the playdough in a cello bag with a ribbon and calling it done?

include a card with salt dough ornament (or the applesauce cinnamon kind) if you are feeling ambitious.

http://www.thefrugalgirl.com/2012/12/how-to-make-cinnamon-applesauce-ornaments/

i'd skip all the junk. :)

SnuggleBuggles
12-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks for your help. My ds party is this weekend so I have to put together 2 goodie bags in less than one week. The birthday party ones will be lucky to be half a&&ed ones. Seriously, they are terrible! I keep telling myself they get a balloon & a take home cup. What more could a kid need?

A balloon! That's what we used to give out in addition to a homemade themed cookie or lolipop. Our grocery store stopped doing balloons and it fell out of my mind. That's the best party favor, imo!