PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars set

williams44
12-10-2013, 12:37 AM
I want to get my cousin's son a Lego Star Wars set, but I have no idea what to get him. He is 8 years old. Is there a set that you recommend?

Thanks.

123LuckyMom
12-10-2013, 12:44 AM
My son's only 5, but he's really into Star Wars. He loves the minifigs, so I choose sets based on the minifigs. If I were you, I'd find out whether your cousin's son is more into the vehicles or the characters, and which movie is his favorite. DS has only seen the original trilogy, for example, so he's not interested in sets from the newer movies 1-3, only from the original 4-6. Once you know this information, you'll be able to narrow down your choices. Also, your budget will play a big part.

iaam
12-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Agree with 123LuckyMom; another thing to consider is whether he has any of the sets already. Can you ask your cousin? That will help narrow it down. If you share your budget, I can give you specific recommendations if you want - we have almost all the SW sets.

jenstring95
12-10-2013, 11:22 PM
This is all good advice. My DS loves Star Wars and Star Wars Legos, but only the good guys. He wouldn't want a set that featured Darth Vader, etc. prominently. Finding out characters and vehicles is a great place to start. Also, if you buy from Target make sure you check online prices vs. the store. Online is often significantly cheaper, so buy online or get the store to price match.