PDA

View Full Version : HELP! molluscum contagiosum

lil_acorn
12-10-2013, 09:56 AM
We've been fighting this for 9 months ago. It started on just his chest and then his arms and seemed contained there. Apple cider vinegar did nothing so the doc prescribed retin-A. This expedited the chest healing but I'm concerned about scarring after it heals. It's dried up and still in the healing stage so I won't know for another few weeks whether the scarring will fade.

But now it seems to be EVERYWHERE. It's moved down towards his hands, it's on his other arm, his legs/near his groin and even his feet.

We change towels after bathing but I'm not sure what to do now. The poor kid is constantly itchy now so we've started Benadryl.

Any advice?

egoldber
12-10-2013, 10:14 AM
We used Poxiderm and it went away in a few days.

lil_acorn
12-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Does that require a script?
EDIT: nevermind..found it on amazon. I may have to try this. Did your child have a bad case of it or just a few spots?

egoldber
12-10-2013, 10:22 AM
She had several dozen spots on one arm. I was trying to wait it out, but then it started to spread and that was when we tried the Poxiderm. My ped actually gave us a bottle and that was all we needed.

lil_acorn
12-10-2013, 10:33 AM
do you put it on new spots only that happened ruptured yet? Or all?

egoldber
12-10-2013, 10:36 AM
It's been awhile so I don't remember exactly. I think I started with spots I thought were close to rupturing?

nfceagles
12-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Good luck! I just bought Zymaderm and started trying it. It seems to dry the lesions up quicker than normal, but we're still getting new ones. It's early though. DD's had hers for about as long as you too. DS had it before DD and it cleared after about 6 months on its own. He never had as many as DD though. Last night she woke me up at 1:30 for a band aid because a wart on the back of her leg, just under her bum was dripping blood down her leg because she'd scratched it.

light-castle
12-10-2013, 10:44 AM
We had this a few years ago. Our pediatrician recommended tea tree oil, and it worked! We put it on morning & night...I was shocked it worked, but it did.

RedSuedeShoes
12-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Zymaderm worked well for both my kids.

lcarlson90
12-10-2013, 12:36 PM
We are going through this too. Our son has an appt. with the Derm in January to have them removed. I have done a lot of research and it seems like there is no one product that works consistently. Some people have had luck with apple cider vinegar while some haven't. It seems like you just have to keep trying things until you find something that works. I might buy the Zymaderm and try it before our appointment.

lil_acorn
12-10-2013, 01:43 PM
I just ordered the Poxiderm and will try that next.