PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Loom: How many bags of bands [is too many]?

jec2
12-10-2013, 02:38 PM
New to the whole RL but am buying them for my boys and as gifts for nieces. How quickly do the kids use up the bands? Would 9 bags of solid colors be way overkill or be a great little stash of variety with which to work for lots of creative potential?

lalasmama
12-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Oh, great question! I have no idea, though! My DD is getting one for Christmas, and I haven't bought any refills, because her auntie said she's going to be sending a gift card for the craft store.... But I don't want her sad on Christmas morning because she's gone through all her bands!

ellies mom
12-11-2013, 01:11 AM
You do get a decent amount of bands with the loom but the colors are limited and they are more likely to run out of that "one color". I've bought several bags of single colors. The last for a long time. I set up a small divided box and I only put a small amount of each color in at a time, then I refill as needed.

mom2binsd
12-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Nine would be good. My DD has about 15 bags in her storage container. There are shimmering ones, glow in the dark and jelly ones too, they get used up quickly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

essnce629
12-11-2013, 01:52 AM
DH just bought about 10 bags for DS1 at JoAnn's the other day for Christmas. We tend to buy 1-3 bags every 2 weeks or so for his loom so this will be a nice little stash and he can completely fill up his storage box.

jec2
12-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Thank you for the feed back! I wound up buying 10 bags (of solid colors). Probably should have bought 11 and added the glow in the dark ;)

lhafer
12-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Got the Rainbow Loom for my daughter as a santa gift. Only got 1 multicolored extra bag of bands - better get some more!! What storage container does everyone have for the bands?

amandabea
12-12-2013, 10:41 AM
We are new to rainbow loom. Where is the best place to buy the bags of bands - online or not?

jec2
12-13-2013, 10:54 PM
The refill bags are cheaper via the RL website than they are at our local Michael's (2.99 vs. 3.99) but you pay shipping on the RL site for orders less than $30 (if I recall). I saw that somebody mentioned elsewhere you can by less expansive, off-brand, bands, but I haven't researched those at all in terms of quality or price.

AngelaS
12-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Shipping is pretty cheap thru the rainbow looms site. I ordered six bags of bands and shipping was only$3 which still made the bands cheaper than I could buy locally.

citymama
12-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Got the Rainbow Loom for my daughter as a santa gift. Only got 1 multicolored extra bag of bands - better get some more!! What storage container does everyone have for the bands?

I want to know too! I've finally decided to get a RL for DD1 (I assume it fits in a PBK stocking?). I'm ordering thru the RL website and wondering what else I need to get to go with it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)