PDA

View Full Version : DH is doing the big "V" tomorrow- what to expect

lcarlson90
12-10-2013, 07:05 PM
DH is having a Vasectomy tomorrow morning and I am just wondering what to expect in the the way of recovery. He is a big baby and is making it sound like he his going to be on bed-rest for a week. I know everyone recovers at a different rate but I am wondering how your DH's did with recovery.

TIA

o_mom
12-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Dh had his on a tues. Rested through Fri, went to a college football game on Sat. Back to work on Mon. He could have done a wed/Thurs surgery and been back Mon (desk job) without issue.

Eta.. He worked from home Thurs/Fri doing email and phone stuff from the couch.

luli13
12-10-2013, 09:32 PM
DH has a history of passing out during procedures so he was put under anesthesia for his V. He had it done on a Monday and was back to his office on Thursday. He iced it and took Tylenol most of that week. He told me my job was to keep the kids from jumping on his lap. I took my job very seriously ;)

geochick
12-10-2013, 09:43 PM
My dh drove himself there and back. Went to work the next day. Have lots of frozen peas (packaged) in the freezer for cold packs. They saved the day. Ibuprofen. Good luck to you both.

JBaxter
12-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Dh had his done on Friday sat around all weekend watched football then was back to work on Monday. Did frozen peas on his crotch some motrin but was not an issue.