PDA

View Full Version : TMI but if your DH has a hairy back how does he groom it?

BabyBearsMom
12-10-2013, 08:30 PM
My DH isn't super hairy but he has patches of hair on his back and he is very self conscious about it. He recently lost a lot of weight and got in really good shape, and he has become more focused on the back hair. He wants to get rid of it. He asked me to wax it the other day for him but I just feel bad for inflicting so much pain on him. He would never go to a salon to get waxed by a professional (he thinks that is unmanly but asking his wife to do it is some how not unmanly, no clue why) and he thinks laser removal is too expensive. Should I just get him one of this back hair razors that are long and say "have at it!" Or is there something I'm not thinking of?

TwinFoxes
12-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Braids. :)

elliput
12-10-2013, 08:47 PM
My hairy back DH suggests an epilator. Don't peek at this unless you REALLY want to see something- http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1-epilator-braun.JPG

weech
12-10-2013, 08:51 PM
My DH uses regular trimmers and a little acrobatic work. He really wants laser hair removal but also thinks it's too pricey. :shrug:

pastrygirl
12-10-2013, 08:53 PM
I can't see that pic, but the thought of an epilator on a back made me wince! And I've been using one for years!! But if you do use one, you'll have to trim the hair very short to begin with. Anything that can curl around the tweezer things is too long and would bleeping hurt.

mommylamb
12-10-2013, 09:02 PM

Hahahahahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

lalasmama
12-10-2013, 09:08 PM
DH has hairy patches. I trim what I can with a personal groomer when it starts annoying me. DH seems oblivious that it's there, other than when I comment on the fact we need to take care of it.

While I would hate the idea of waxing (and physically hurting) DH, if he asked, I would do it, for a few reasons... (1) Because it takes a lot of gumption to ask. (2) If he's asking, it's bothering him. (3) DH would never be willing to go into a salon/spa to get it done. (4) He's well aware that it's going to hurt, but he's willing to do it anyway--which means, obviously, it's bugging him. If I can get over my squeamishness over it, and it will make him feel better about his body, I'm willing to do it.

georgiegirl
12-10-2013, 09:20 PM
My cousin had the laser hair removal. Fortunately DH does not have back hair.

BabyBearsMom
12-10-2013, 09:28 PM

Gosh it's not THAT bad! Lol!

Tondi G
12-11-2013, 02:37 AM
I help my DH out and use clippers on his back ... particularly if we are going somewhere that he will want to be swimming. He would love laser hair removal. I recently saw this and it gets pretty good reviews on Amazon. http://www.mangroomer.com/

hwin708
12-11-2013, 04:55 AM
I'm not in this position, but I would just wax it if he asked.

That being said, laser hair removal really isn't that expensive these days, thanks to things like Groupon. In your shoes, given his reluctance to buy it himself, I would just keep an eye out for a good deal, then get it for him for his next bday, Christmas, whatever.