PDA

View Full Version : Living room help

Myira
12-11-2013, 12:32 PM
We got the Karlstad sectional with chaise lounge in sivik gray. I was thinking of adding the hemnes sofa table in gray brown and the poang chair in multicolor. I am unable to decide on other accessories like a rug, pillows and curtains. The room has a bay/bow window on the long side and brick fireplace on the short side. http://olioboard.com/boards/258289-living-room
We probably need to paint, but not going to happen anytime soon.

I don't want to spend a ton of money, so would prefer budget suggestions please.

crl
12-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Do you have any existing artwork you want to use? I like the rug in the link you posted with those things. If there aren't any other considerations, like artwork, I would pull colors from the poang multicolor for the accessories and repeat them. I would probably pick two or three of the colors and work with that. I would probably choose the rug next because it is probably the next most expensive piece.

Possible sources for accessories (including curtains): ikea, west elm, urban outfitters, cb2, etsy (especially for pillow covers), tjmaxx, Ross, Marshall's, target.

Catherine

westwoodmom04
12-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Do you have any existing artwork you want to use? I like the rug in the link you posted with those things. If there aren't any other considerations, like artwork, I would pull colors from the poang multicolor for the accessories and repeat them. I would probably pick two or three of the colors and work with that. I would probably choose the rug next because it is probably the next most expensive piece.

Possible sources for accessories (including curtains): ikea, west elm, urban outfitters, cb2, etsy (especially for pillow covers), tjmaxx, Ross, Marshall's, target.

Catherine

This is how I typically chose colors as well. I look for a pillow, rug, or artwork that combines several colors I'd like to have in the room and then go from there.