PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas: music player than a 4 year old can turn on in the middle of the night him

georgiegirl
12-11-2013, 12:34 PM
So DS has always been a poor sleeper. He still wakes at least once a night and sometimes has to pee, but be always wants his bedtime music turned on again to help him get back to sleep. Currently, I have my ancient iPod mini on a docking station (with speakers) that we use for bedtime. Problem is it's dark and he can't see the display, and even if it were light, its difficult for a 4 year old to work those old iPods with the circular control buttons. Any ideas for a way he can turn his music back on himself on the middle of the night? Should I find an old regular CD player? Or can you think of a better solution. He knows how to is my iPhone and iPad, but I don't want to shell out a lot of money for an apple device.

BunnyBee
12-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Leave the iPod on repeat play. We use an old CD player on repeat for our kid who likes music at night.

sariana
12-11-2013, 01:21 PM
DS and DD each have CD players, which they love. They are older now, but DS got his first one when he was 3 or 4. His actually even has a cassette deck! DD's does not--Santa's elves stopped making them that way. ;)

There are CD players still available out there. Some are not very expensive. I would guess most of them have the "Repeat All" option. We always turn off DC's players when WE go to bed, but they could get up and restart them if they wanted to.

I'm not sure about DS's (older) player, but I know DD's has an input jack that would allow it to be used as an amplifier for an iPod (or whatever MP3 player). So if a piece of music were only in that format, she still could use her "boombox" to play it.

marymoo86
12-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Yep we use an ipod and dock and just have the music/white noise on loop.

georgiegirl
12-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Yep we use an ipod and dock and just have the music/white noise on loop.

Maybe I will just do this. I wonder if he will wake less frequently

TwoBees
12-11-2013, 03:36 PM
SweetPea3 mp3 player. DD loves hers and keeps it in bed with her at night.

StantonHyde
12-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Leave the iPod on repeat play. We use an old CD player on repeat for our kid who likes music at night.

This is what we did for DD for a loonng time!

kbud
12-11-2013, 11:33 PM

My kids were poor sleepers. My 6 year old still wakes me up several times a week. I've always done repeat with the CD player so the music plays all night long. My 6 year old also has one of those glow seahorses. She can push his tummy and it glows and plays music for her.