PDA

View Full Version : Calico Critters in a regular dollhouse?

vonfirmath
12-11-2013, 12:53 PM
ANyone use Calico Critter stuff in a traditional dollhouse? How does it look/work?

Swirvin
12-12-2013, 05:16 AM
We do all of the time. DD has a great wooden dollhouse complete with wooden furniture that was purchased to go along with her traditional dollhouse dolls. Her dollhouse is now filled with a mix of Calico Critter stuff and the wooden stuff. The animal families live right alongside her dollhouse family. Most of the Calico Critter furniture is way too small for her dollhouse dolls but the animals use the wooden furniture a lot.

As far as how it looks, well, it never looks like the perfect dollhouse "scene" because of the mix of big and small, but dd loves it and plays with it constantly and for me that is all that matters. Dd is 4.5. I am sure if you used just the traditional house and then all of the same scale CC furniture, it would nicer than our ecclectic mix ;)

vonfirmath
12-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Thank you Swirvin. We have a dollhouse from when I was a child that I want to pass down when DD is older. But the furniture and people have disappeared over the years. Since DD is interested in Calico Critters, I was hoping to just repopulate it with that (over time. That stuff Is EXPENSIVE!)

maestramommy
12-12-2013, 12:24 PM
We have two dollhouses. This year we are finally breaking out this huge set of calico critters SIL passed on to us years ago. I assume it will work.

Seitvonzu
12-12-2013, 02:03 PM
my child has TONS of calico critters stuff... seriously, i think my mom was in shock when she was visiting last weekend. it's TONS. but that said? my daughter mixes her other dollhouse furnitures of various brands/scales all the time. we also have the mellisa and doug folding castle and that works fine with critters. i think you're cool :)