PDA

View Full Version : PB Anywhere Chairs... regular or oversized??

twotimesblue
12-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Finally sold DS1's nursery glider last night (:crying: - he really isn't a baby anymore!) and he's asked for new chair for Christmas. I like the PBK chairs but am not sure which size to get - he's 3.75 but off the charts for height/weight, so more the size of an average 5 year old. Would the regular be too small for him? Is the oversized worth the extra money? TIA!

KrystalS
12-11-2013, 08:24 PM
My DS is 3 and very big for his age, closer to a 5yo also. We have the oversized chair. He loves it. I think the bigger one will last you longer but I've never had the regular one. DD is almost 10 and she still sits in hers too.

sariana
12-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, we (accidentally) have 2 My First Anywhere chairs. DS is 9 and still can sit in his. He is skinny, but still...

If my 9-year-old can sit in a My First, a regular AC should last just fine for most kids. And the chairs are huge, IMO. We have no room for the regular size. I cannot imagine an oversize one.

Minnifer
12-11-2013, 09:32 PM
I have 2 of the oversized ones, got them 2 years ago when DD was 3.5 and DS was 6 months. I love the size - the kids fit well both then and now, even I can sit in them, lol (I'm 5'7")... plus my kids use them all.the.time. as play structures - slides, forts, etc. I always recommend the oversized b/c I think you'll get more use out of it, unless space is a big issue :)

AngB
12-11-2013, 09:43 PM
It depends more on the space in your house and where you want the chairs to be more than the kid, IMO. We have regular size chairs for DS1 and DS2. They are a comfortable size for them. DH has even sat in it. They "live" in our living room and so I would hate to have them any bigger because they already take up a lot of room when there is more than 1. (Right now, DS1 and DS2 can both sit in a regular sized one at the same time quite comfortably.)

carolinacool
12-11-2013, 09:44 PM
We have limited space, so we just went with the regular. DS is four and he still has plenty of room in it.

kaharris83
12-11-2013, 09:53 PM
I sit in our regular sized one all time time. I agree the regular sized one is huge and takes up a lot of room.