PDA

View Full Version : I desperately need iTunes help, ladies.

kep
12-11-2013, 08:55 PM
I had my old 4s replaced with a new 4s, and somehow have completely screwed up my iTunes in the process. We have three home computers with iTunes on all of them, and two iPhones using the same iCloud. I have always (to my knowledge) synced my phone with the same computer. With the new phone, I was able to sync all of my old apps and data (that were backed up in the cloud), but my music isn't there. I can't access my old playlists, and when I try to re-download my old albums from iTunes, it is wanting me to repurchase them. Same with ringtones. I'm so confused. For as intuitive as Apple is, iTunes/iCloud is soooo frustrating for me. What have I done? How do I fix it?

egoldber
12-11-2013, 09:02 PM
If you have always used one computer, then don't worry about the other computers with iTunes.

When you plug the phone into iTunes what does it say? Doe sit recognize that this is a new phone?

ETA: And iTunes is NOT intuitive at all! It's a huge PITA IMO.

kep
12-11-2013, 09:42 PM
No, it doesn't recognize it as new any longer. I have had it almost two weeks now. It's fully set up, I just can't access my old music and purchases. Oddly enough, I can see all of our music in the library. But if I plug in my phone I can only put on the music I have purchased after getting the new phone.

kristenk
12-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Do you need to authorize your new phone with your iTunes account on your computer? I seem to remember something about that but not sure if it applies in this situation.