PDA

View Full Version : s/o if you no-poo, do you color your hair?

Reader
12-11-2013, 11:09 PM
It's my first spin off, didn't want to hijack. If you no-poo do you color your hair? Does it help the color last longer? I currently use a liquid henna mix (Surya) and am wondering if it would help it last longer. Hate dying my hair, hate having my grays show.

oneplustwo
12-11-2013, 11:24 PM
I never posted in the original recent no poo thread, but I've been using baking soda to wash and apple cider vinegar as conditioner for years. I colored my hair for several years while doing no poo (recently stopped because I had an allergic reaction to the hair dye ~ sigh, now I'm dealing with the gray slooooowly inching back in). I was getting my hair done single color; my salon uses Goldwell. I also starting coloring my hair because of the graying. I was getting a permanent color, not demi or anything, so I don't think anything I could have used would have stripped the color or helped it last longer ~ it was there forever (and still is, as I grow it out). All I can suggest to you is to try it and see if you think it helps the henna last longer.

larig
12-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Mine is colored. I have very vibrant highlights, and they stay brighter longer, because there is less water physically washing the color out. Just washing less often can really help.