PDA

View Full Version : Buying size 14 pants for my baby!

dogmom
12-12-2013, 10:43 AM
OK, petty bitch. He's 5 ft, all his pants are too small. I though I needed to get him 10, nope 14. He is my oldest, but I swear I just pushed him out. And I think I saw the beginning of a pimple! He's only going to be 11. Yeah, and DH, time to get on that masturbation topic you said you would handle!! He certainly doesn't want to hear it from me and I think we are in the window.

JBaxter
12-12-2013, 06:30 PM
5th grade is when they had the "life" class at our school in MD ( when we lived there) They had a very medical discussion but I filled in any details mine had questions on. My newly 10 yr old is wearing a 12 and a size 7 shoe so I feel for you.

dogmom
12-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Ugh, it just doesn't stop. He wore a pair of his new size 14 jeans, I bought him skinny ones because I was afraid normal ones would fall off his waste since he got so lean playing on two soccer teams this fall. They fit him perfectly, too perfectly, like model perfect. He said, " Oh, I like theses." I think the only thing that kept me from shrieking in terror is the firm knowledge that my DH will be more freaked out when it's our DD. I think I am going to just go buy sweatpants now.

Tondi G
12-14-2013, 10:05 PM
It's hard isn't it?! My "baby" is 12 ... he is growing a mustache and I ordered a pair of size 11 men's shoes for him only to find that they are too small!!! How can my 12 year old need a mans size 11.5- 12 shoe? How is he 5'10'' tall? I thought I would have until maybe age 14 before things were like this... he's growing up WAY too fast ... my boy is becoming a man!

HannaAddict
12-14-2013, 11:42 PM
My 9.5 year old is almost 5' tall, lanky but a size 14 and 16 for a suit from Nordstrom for a wedding (tailored slightly). He has 8.5 wide men's shoes and outgrew his shoes from September by end of October. It is crazy!! He was only 6'11 oz. at birth, where did my baby go? No sign of puberty though, whew, and he is sweet and acts 9.

essnce629
12-15-2013, 05:07 AM
I feel you! DS1 is 10 and I just bought him a bunch of LE size 14 pants during the big 40% off sale thinking he can wear them next year, but I had him try them on and they are fine to wear now! Maybe a tiny bit long, but look fine. So he's been wearing them daily! The size 12 pants fit perfectly but with no room to grow.

ladysoapmaker
12-15-2013, 09:48 AM
My baby is 13. He's wearing a size 9 men's shoe (and that's because I refuse to think about his feet being too big for the shoes I bought in September, his wrestling shoes are a 10 or 10.5). He's wearing a size 16 pant (over the summer it was still a 12) and still has to roll up the leg. His voice is cracking and he keeps getting these d*mned mood swings. You'd think I would have been prepared with his older brother but no I'm not.... (probably because DS#1 is my stepson).

Jen

dogmom
12-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Maybe the Fields can start a puberty support group. Or it's a sign we have overstayed on a baby board, lol, with tears.

MelissaTC
12-15-2013, 02:19 PM
I feel you. Buying my 11 year old peanut size 12 pants, 7.5 shoe and he's got a little pimple on his nose. Told me the other day about the beautiful 7th grade blonde down the street (who is at least 5'7" btw) and how she is just so nice. Ugh. Believe me I want it to stop too. Mine hasn't had his big growth spurt yet. One big boost and he will be taller than me. :(

lmintzer
12-15-2013, 04:10 PM
I feel you. Buying my 11 year old peanut size 12 pants, 7.5 shoe and he's got a little pimple on his nose. Told me the other day about the beautiful 7th grade blonde down the street (who is at least 5'7" btw) and how she is just so nice. Ugh. Believe me I want it to stop too. Mine hasn't had his big growth spurt yet. One big boost and he will be taller than me. :(

My 12.5 year-old 7th grader is a peanut. He is tiny with a baby face (I think he's so cute, but of course he wants to be taller and look older). As much as puberty is hard for us mommies, going through it later is hard on the kiddos. He has a beautiful singing voice but won't use it (except in the shower) because his voice hasn't changed yet. He has two short parents so is extra-bummed because he knows he won't be that tall. For whatever reason, they grow 'em BIG around here--he has some huge friends!!