PDA

View Full Version : S/O - if your class does a group GC, do you double up and give another GC?

lmh2402
12-12-2013, 02:25 PM
i agree on not giving food items or things that might really turn a person on or off re: scent of candles, lotions, etc

but our class is going a group GC, so i wasn't planning to give another one

this year we're going with this for the teacher and each aide: http://www.plowhearth.com/mini-african-amaryllis_p11893.html

maybe it's a bad idea, but i read the reviews and seems pretty hard to kill/mess up.

wondering, since most classes do group gifts and i would be they're usually GCs, do most of you do an additional GC as well?

vonfirmath
12-12-2013, 02:28 PM
wondering, since most classes do group gifts and i would be they're usually GCs, do most of you do an additional GC as well?

Our class doesn't do a group gift. If they did, I'd do nothing individually

AnnieW625
12-12-2013, 02:29 PM
I never have, although DD1 did pick out flowers (at Costco) to give to her teacher, teacher's aide, and two daycare assistants at the end of the year and it seemed like it was appreciated.

Dream
12-12-2013, 02:34 PM
I contributed to the class gift, $5 for the teacher and $2 for the assistant and the gift will be a gift card. In addition I'm giving personalized sticky pad and note pads for the teacher and for the assistant either a hand cream or a $10 amazon gc.

marymoo86
12-12-2013, 03:12 PM
We do a group gift but it is cash and split evenly among all the school's teachers. So we will also get my DD1s teacher a card and gift card individually.

JustMe
12-12-2013, 03:16 PM
I love when someone organizes a group gift. I contribute as much as I can to that, and do not do a separate gift (generally its pay what you can for the group gift at our school). One year someone organized a group gift after I had bought an individual gift and I contributed to both that year, as I wanted to support/contribute to the group gift.

westwoodmom04
12-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Our school asks for $20 per parent (preschool asked for $40) and we have never done anything additional beyond a card.

crl
12-12-2013, 03:18 PM
No. I consider our contribution to the group gift to be our gift and do not do anything separate. End of the year, I will write a thank you note and/or a letter of praise to a supervisor in addition to the group gift if it is warranted.

Catherine

JElaineB
12-12-2013, 03:24 PM
I gave my own Target gift card to DS's teacher. I am not participating in the class group gift card.

georgiegirl
12-12-2013, 04:01 PM
I do. But the room mom for DS pre-K class only asked for $20 from each parent for all teacher gifts (2 teachers for holiday and birthday) and class parties (3). I will supplement with $25 gift card per teacher.

bisous
12-12-2013, 04:05 PM
I did last year but I was considering NOT doing it this year. I think I will do amazon $10 gift cards. Everyone appreciates those!

YouAreTheFocus
12-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Normally I would say no, but this year we had already bought something before they had decided about the group gift. So I guess we'll be doing both, but I feel kind of weird about it.

KpbS
12-12-2013, 04:11 PM
I was just coming here to post something similar. I wonder if the teacher will think that I didn't contribute if I get her a small gift? What would you think?