PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree Order Screw Up!!!! UPDATE in #15

PZMommy
12-12-2013, 11:24 PM
I placed a Gymboree order on Black Friday during their 50% off sale. It finally arrived today, but it was two packages. I got one package that had my label on the outside, but on the inside was an invoice and order for some guy in New Jersey!! It was ordered by someone in North Carolina and being shipped as a gift to a person in New Jersey, or so said the invoice. Then the second package, also had my name on the outside label, and had my invoice on the inside, but all of the items were 3-6 month old baby items, not the size 5 stuff that I ordered!!! I called and spent over 50 minutes with customer service trying to sort it out. Even the customer service rep had no idea what to do and had to keep consulting supervisors. What I ordered they no longer have in the sizes I want. They said I could wait and see if whoever gets my order calls them and then wait for them to ship it back and re-ship it to me, or just take the refund. I took the refund. Now I have to wait for them to mail me some label so I can send everything back. I'm so frustrated as I really wanted the stuff that I ordered! Plus some poor guy in New Jersey is probably wondering where on earth his order is, and I have it out here in Los Angeles!!!! This is the first and most certainly last time I have ever ordered from Gymbo. I order tons of stuff online, and have never had a screw up this big before!!!! Ugh!!!!

azzeps
12-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Good grief! What a drag!!!

Rainbows&Roses
12-13-2013, 01:12 AM
They recently moved their warehouse across the country. I had ordered dozens of times with no screw-ups. Every order I placed after they moved was hugely messed up. The move was very poorly coordinated. I refuse to order now.

PZMommy
12-13-2013, 01:27 AM
They recently moved their warehouse across the country. I had ordered dozens of times with no screw-ups. Every order I placed after they moved was hugely messed up. The move was very poorly coordinated. I refuse to order now.

Very interesting and good to know!! I'm just going to stick to what I find in store from now on. I feel badly for the other people whose orders I got, especially the ones sent as a gift. The other order has tons of Christmas themed stuff in it. By the time these people ever get their orders it will be past Christmas!! Except that Gymbo said I had to return it, I was willing to mail the guy his order as it wouldn't be that expensive to put it in the mail.

Reader
12-13-2013, 02:40 AM
That stinks! I have ordered underwear from them every Black Friday for the last few years. This year I didn't because they shipped only part of my son's Halloween costume back in October. The rest of the costume was out of stock but they didn't tell me this until half the shipment arrived. I had to scramble for a Halloween costume, they could have cared less that they shipped half the order and didn't notify me. I'm still boycotting them.

specialp
12-13-2013, 08:05 AM
That is crazy annoying. I had something similar happen with Garnet Hill on a return, not an order. Some person in Kentucky was returning items to GH only the items she sent didn't actually come from GH so GH was returning it to her, but shipped it to me and then lost my return. Of course I didn't save my tracking # and the only proof I had that I had ever returned anything is that they clearly had my name and info at the return center for some reason to be sending me something that was supposed to go to Kentucky which is no where near me. Such a nightmare. They did send UPS to my door to pick up the wrong package, but I had to wait 2 weeks & make another communication with them to see if they could find my return (I'm guessing it was probably visiting Kentucky) before they just gave me my freaking credit already.

AnnieW625
12-13-2013, 12:43 PM
If the packing list listed the guy's phone number I might call him and tell him and ask him what he wants to do, you return it to Gymboree or you mail it to him.

I would chalk it up to ordering over a holiday and them probably hiring new people as well.

I love that their shipping facility is in Nor Cal (right near where I grew up) or at least it has been for the past 5 or 6 yrs. and the company is based in SF too so I would be really surprised if they moved their entire warehouse. Where did your order come from?

Good luck!

PZMommy
12-13-2013, 02:11 PM
It came from Ohio. It took 9 days to get from there to me in Los Angeles.

AnnieW625
12-13-2013, 02:15 PM
It came from Ohio. It took 9 days to get from there to me in Los Angeles.

Wow. I will have to remember that because I have been so used to ordering online on a Sunday or Monday and having my items during non sale times by Thursday and during sale times never more than another day so three or four days max.

ArizonaGirl
12-13-2013, 04:28 PM
We had friends order from them 5 months ago or so and they ordered boys clothes in 9 month and 12 month and were sent like over $150 worth of girls size 6 and size 7 clothes.

They called and they got their money back and waited for over 2 months for a return shipping label and never got one so... they gave all of the clothes to me for DD. :cheerleader1:

They are way too big, but I will save them for later (who turns away brand new in package free gymboree)

Just thought I would let you know about the return shipping tho.

MamaMolly
12-13-2013, 06:04 PM
OP that's distressing! I tend to think of Gymbo as having great customer service, but then I only shop in store. And after hearing these stories I'm not about to attempt an online order!

Rainbows&Roses
12-13-2013, 08:09 PM
If the packing list listed the guy's phone number I might call him and tell him and ask him what he wants to do, you return it to Gymboree or you mail it to him.

I would chalk it up to ordering over a holiday and them probably hiring new people as well.

I love that their shipping facility is in Nor Cal (right near where I grew up) or at least it has been for the past 5 or 6 yrs. and the company is based in SF too so I would be really surprised if they moved their entire warehouse. Where did your order come from?

Good luck!

they moved their entire warehouse - lots of people in California are not happy on the gymbo boards

PZMommy
12-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Arizona girl that is scary to hear about the return shipping. I asked if they could just email me a label and I would be more than glad to drop it off at UPS or Fed Ex as both are convient for me. They said no, that someone would call me to send me the label and then arrange for a pick up. I was expecting to get a call today, but no cal yet. I do plan to email customer service, as I feel this is big problem. I also spent 50 minutes of my time on the phone with them last night, and I still won't get my stuff!!!

123LuckyMom
12-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Arizona girl that is scary to hear about the return shipping. I asked if they could just email me a label and I would be more than glad to drop it off at UPS or Fed Ex as both are convient for me. They said no, that someone would call me to send me the label and then arrange for a pick up. I was expecting to get a call today, but no cal yet. I do plan to email customer service, as I feel this is big problem. I also spent 50 minutes of my time on the phone with them last night, and I still won't get my stuff!!!

I had issues, too, right when they were in the midst of moving. It took about a month, maybe more, before they sent me the return shipping label. Most companies send it by email, but they sent it by mail, and it took FOREVER! They also don't allow exchanges online, only in stores. I had decided to stop ordering online from them, because their nearest store is over an hour away from me. They did allow me a one time exchange, but not before they kept insisting that the miles to the store were not so many, and that I should be able to go!!! I explained that the only route goes over the mountains and takes a loong time. It is not an easy trip!

PZMommy
12-28-2013, 05:47 PM
I have to update this.

I called Gymboree back over a week ago, as I still had not gotten a refund, nor had they come to pick up my packages. Apparently they had just processed my credit that morning, so it will take 7-10 business days for me to get it, and they sent UPS out to get my packages. UPS picked up my packages on Friday, 12-20. So I thought things were all set.

Today the post office delivered the packages BACK TO ME and they had never even gotten to Gymboree!!! Best we can figure out, is UPS didn't put the labels on the packages, so when they took them off the truck, they just got rerouted by the original mailing labels. Gymboree is going to send UPS out to pick them up again. I still have not gotten my credit, but according to them it has only been 5 business days since I was given the credit. I certainly will never do an online order for Gymboree again, and if it weren't for the fact that their clothes fit my DS2 the best, I would never shop in their store again!

chlobo
12-29-2013, 09:01 AM
Wow, what sucky customer service. I'd be tempted to call my credit card and dispute the charge.

PZMommy
12-31-2013, 11:09 PM
My refund finally hit my card today, over 3 weeks from when they said I would be given an immediate refund. Still waiting on UPS to pick up this other package. I'm thinking I'm going to email customer service and let them know about this experience.

AnnieW625
01-01-2014, 01:47 AM
I definitely would. Thanks for all of the warnings about ordering online because I have always preferred the stock online vs. in the store, but I would hate for an order to get messed up online. At least you finally got the refund. I love how most Gymboree fits my kids as well so that is why we still shop there.

crl
01-01-2014, 01:54 AM
That is really bad! I appreciate the warning because I have historically shopped a fair bit at Gymbo online and didn't know the warehouse had moved farther away. That on top of all your problems and I will hesitate to order again, especially anything I need by a particular time.

Catherine

scrooks
04-19-2014, 02:10 PM
I remembered this thread about an hour ago when I opened my own Gymboree order only to find out the sent the wrong dress for dd...and I had bought matching outfits for ds1 and ds2 (for pics this summer). Ugh! Luckily I think they have fixed it although it is requiring me to have my niece run to their local Gymboree to pick up the correct dress. They did let me keep the incorrect dress as well....it's just such a pain to deal with this stuff!