PDA

View Full Version : Need to take it easy on my knee- what to do at gym?

SnuggleBuggles
12-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Besides swimming? I'll try and get to water aerobics but on days the extra hassle of the water isn't an option, what should I do for cardio? Can't run and the elliptical didn't seem great either. Stair master was iffy.

My usual workout is running, elliptical, jumping in various ways...and I go 4-5 days/ week. So I'm at a loss on ideas.

Gracemom
12-16-2013, 03:00 PM
How does a bike feel? I do interval training on a bike and I feel like I get a pretty good workout.

BabyBearsMom
12-16-2013, 03:14 PM
I have a crumby knee and when it is bad, I usually do the bike and then lift. Can you do a yoga class? I love yoga and I usually tell the instructor that my left knee is bad, so she helps me modify my poses.

SnuggleBuggles
12-16-2013, 03:19 PM
I'll have to try the bike tomorrow. I'll report back. :)

hillview
12-16-2013, 04:55 PM
bike and lift. work on lifting light and stabalizing knee. at least for me this helped me massively get rid of my knee issues.

SnuggleBuggles
12-16-2013, 05:34 PM
bike and lift. work on lifting light and stabalizing knee. at least for me this helped me massively get rid of my knee issues.

What do you mean by lifting light and stabilizing knees? I do lots of weights so I may already be doing this. I use free weights, not machines.

mackmama
02-03-2014, 12:17 AM
My knee docs always told me that a stationary bike is the best thing for knees besides swimming. Personally a recumbent feels better on my knee than a regular bike,