PDA

View Full Version : anybody order from TinyPrints?? (Update #20)

♥ms.pacman♥
12-13-2013, 01:37 PM
I ordered holiday cards from tinyprints on Dec 5. It gave an estimated delivery between Dec 12 and 13. Haven't gotten them yet so today I went to see if it had shipped and under status it says "Printing". No tracking info or anything. You'd think if they are supposed to arrive by today they should at least been marked as shipped, right? Or is this typical?

I went to do live chat but it's not available right now. I called and the automated message it gave same info as online. I tried to get a real person but it says the wait time is 113 minutes (!).

Just wondering, is this common with tinyprints? I surprised they are having deals right now that ensure delivery by Dec 20..that's a week turnaround time but apparently after 8 days mine are still printing and not shipped yet? Hoping that they show up in mailbox today and they just don' update the status frequently....

GaPeach_in_Ca
12-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Weird! I got Tiny Prints cards but I ordered them on Nov 24 (Sunday before Thanksgiving) and they were delivered over Thanksgiving weekend.

octmom
12-13-2013, 02:00 PM
I ordered holiday cards from tinyprints on Dec 5. It gave an estimated delivery between Dec 12 and 13. Haven't gotten them yet so today I went to see if it had shipped and under status it says "Printing". No tracking info or anything. You'd think if they are supposed to arrive by today they should at least been marked as shipped, right? Or is this typical?

I went to do live chat but it's not available right now. I called and the automated message it gave same info as online. I tried to get a real person but it says the wait time is 113 minutes (!).

Just wondering, is this common with tinyprints? I surprised they are having deals right now that ensure delivery by Dec 20..that's a week turnaround time but apparently after 8 days mine are still printing and not shipped yet? Hoping that they show up in mailbox today and they just don' update the status frequently....

Hmmm, I ordered from tinyprints via the costco site (you get bumped over to tiny prints, but there was a special costco discount) on Sunday. I paid extra for the rush shipping for the cards to be delivered to me today. They were delivered on Wednesday, which really surprised me. I didn't check shipping status because I wasn't expecting them for two more days after they arrived.

lcarlson90
12-13-2013, 02:14 PM
I ordered our cards from Tiny Prints on Dec. 5th and received them on December 9th. Did you select the option to have a designer review your card because I think that can add extra time?

AnnieW625
12-13-2013, 02:18 PM
The one time I ordered from them a few years ago I got my order pretty fast as well, but I think the order came from California.

elbenn
12-13-2013, 02:26 PM
I ordered from them on Dec. 8 and got them on Dec. 12. I did choose rush shipping since they had a deal on it.

Tenasparkl
12-13-2013, 02:27 PM
We ordered from them on Sunday afternoon (with a discounted expedited shipping code) and they arrived yesterday. Give them a call. A few years back my order was delayed and they forgot to do the rounded edges that I paid for and they gave me a credit for their error. Their customer service department was very helpful.

nfowife
12-13-2013, 02:31 PM
I would get in touch with them, their customer service is generally great. When we were living overseas (on a US military base, so I had a US mailing address) I ordered our cards and about 30% of the cards were only half printed (like the printer ran out of ink or something) on the inside of the folded card. Not only did they reprint them for me, but because I wouldn't get them in time to send them out being overseas, they gave me free shipping where I gave them my addresses and they sent them out for me.

carolinacool
12-13-2013, 02:40 PM

Wow! I've never ordered from them, but that almost two hours! I wonder if other people are experiencing the same problem and that's why customer service is so slammed. Hope you get through somehow!

coolae
12-13-2013, 02:46 PM
I don't know but I ordered my cards on dec 7th and they have had the status "printing" for several days now...I'm supposed to get mine on the 19th.

socaintexas
12-13-2013, 02:51 PM
I ordered mine on 12/2/13 and they shipped on 12/9/13 with an estimated arrival date of 12/10/13. They sent an email the day that they shipped and updated the information on their site. When I looked at the tracking it seems that Fed-Ex got behind on delivery due to the weather. They are scheduled for arrival today. Good luck. I agree that 113 wait time is not acceptable!

♥ms.pacman♥
12-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Did you select the option to have a designer review your card because I think that can add extra time?
No, i remember seeing that option but i didn't check it.

i already did call them but it was all automated, with average wait time of 113 minutes to talk to someone, so there's just no way i am going to get through. their live chat is not available either (it's only available for one hour on Fridays - 6am pacific time - WTF).

oh well. i was hoping to get them addressed and sent out this weekend, but looks like that's not happening. i guess i will wait till Monday and then have DH deal with it. annoying though. i can see how deliveries would be delayed bc of the weather here, but mine haven't even shipped.

ETA: anybody else have the issue that their "Contact Us" and "Help" link buttons at the bottom aren't working AT ALL? I've tried two different browsers and it says it can't display the page. Ugh, this is my first time ordering from them, decided to splurge this year (spent more than twice of what we usually spend) and was really looking forward to these but now i NOT happy... :(

nfowife
12-13-2013, 03:44 PM
How about this contact us form:
http://answers.tinyprints.com/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4Njk2MzcyOC9zaWQvNkY2NUFLSGw%3D

You could live chat tomorrow morning 10-12 CST as well. Sorry it's so frustrating!

♥ms.pacman♥
12-13-2013, 03:51 PM
How about this contact us form:
http://answers.tinyprints.com/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4Njk2MzcyOC9zaWQvNkY2NUFLSGw%3D

You could live chat tomorrow morning 10-12 CST as well. Sorry it's so frustrating!

thanks for the link, but i haven't been able to get that to work (either Chrome or IE). can you actually see a page/form? Chrome says it's a "redirect loop"and IE says it "cannot display the page." Maybe it's my work computer. i will try when i get home.

thanks again for the links though! i'll have DH try to do a chat tmw, as i'm taking DD to a playdate in the morning.

carolinacool
12-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Ms. Pacman, I just went to their Facebook page. Quite a few people are upset that they can't get through. The rep is telling folks to message them through Facebook and they will look into it. One girl said they got back to her pretty quickly and she was given an explanation, a shipping credit and an additional discount. Maybe another step to consider.

ETA: Reading down the FB page and it seems there is a problem at one of their printing facilities.

♥ms.pacman♥
12-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Ms. Pacman, I just went to their Facebook page. Quite a few people are upset that they can't get through. The rep is telling folks to message them through Facebook and they will look into it. One girl said they got back to her pretty quickly and she was given an explanation, a shipping credit and an additional discount. Maybe another step to consider.

ETA: Reading down the FB page and it seems there is a problem at one of their printing facilities.
Oh wow, Thank you so much for checking things out!! I will definitely look into that, as I would like t o request a partial discount or sone sort of partial refund if they are going to be delayed that much longer. Thanx again!!

carolinacool
12-13-2013, 04:17 PM
I hope you get it straightened out. It sounds like there are some real issues going on! People are not happy.

♥ms.pacman♥
12-13-2013, 04:19 PM
I hope you get it straightened out. It sounds like there are some real issues going on! People are not happy.
oh wow just saw their facebook page, and apparently i'm not the only one!! lots of pretty peeved peeps. i sent them a message through FB.

thanks again!!

Rainbows&Roses
12-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Oh great. I ordered mine a week ago and they were not supposed to be here till next week, but now I wonder if I should just get them to cancel the order since people from 2 weeks ago still don't have their cards. I love tiny prints. It is really too bad that they have messed this up so badly. Their facebook page is a mess. I guess to their credit they haven't shut that down.

I love the card I designed too, but if it doesn't arrive in time to be sent to relatives across the country, then I guess there is no point.

eta: I ordered through the costco.com portal to get the 30% off and free ship so I guess I should complain to costco too if I don't get my cards. Costco doesn't put up with bad service from their affiliates.

♥ms.pacman♥
12-13-2013, 05:28 PM
UPDATE!! Ok so i sent them a message through Facebook, as that is what they were asking everyone who was complaining on their page to do. They responded within an hour or so, saying they apologize and it was some unforseen delay at one of their printing facilities. It says my order should ship soon and I should get it by Dec 17. Bc it was time-sensitive They also are refunding me 30% off my order :boogie: for the delay. W00t. I won't have a lick of time next week to address them, but DH will :)

Anyway, Rainbow&Roses and others who have delays, i suggest sending them a message through FB!

and thank you everyone for your help on this! i am FB junkie but i would never have thought to check FB. thank you!!!

Chitowngirl
12-13-2013, 05:30 PM
I think the long wait times are due to the fact that their website is not working (or at least was not workign yesterday). I tried to contact them yesterday about an order I was trying to place. I tried to use the live chat function twice. Both times I was waiting for over 20 minutes, and then it would time out and say no one was avialable. I then tried to call by ohone and there was a CRAZY long wait just like you had. It did give me the option though of putting in my number and having someone call me back. I did that and then forgot about it. Someone did call me back a while later - I lost track of how long it took - and he was basically completely unhelpful. He just said the feature I wanted was unavailable right now and their IT department was looking into it. Considering the "feature" I wanted was the ability for them to address the cards for me after I had spent almost an hour inputting the addresses into their system you can imagine I was not too happy.

Anyway, it suddenly started working a few hours later and I was able to place my order. It does sound like they are having issues though so I bet that explains the long wait times. If the optiot to have them call you is still available I would try that.

carolinacool
12-13-2013, 05:40 PM
UPDATE!! Ok so i sent them a message through Facebook, as that is what they were asking everyone who was complaining on their page to do. They responded within an hour or so, saying they apologize and it was some unforseen delay at one of their printing facilities. It says my order should ship soon and I should get it by Dec 17. Bc it was time-sensitive They also are refunding me 30% off my order :boogie: for the delay. W00t. I won't have a lick of time next week to address them, but DH will :)

Anyway, Rainbow&Roses and others who have delays, i suggest sending them a message through FB!

and thank you everyone for your help on this! i am FB junkie but i would never have thought to check FB. thank you!!!

Good news! I know that time frame is cutting it close, but yay for the discount. :)

BabyDahl
12-14-2013, 01:30 AM
I was expecting my order earlier this week, but status still said printing. I called CS today, got a 67 min wait time, so I chose the option to have them call me back. Once he did, he refunded my shipping (expedited) and gave me 40% refund. I'm still ticked since I had an issue with cards being delayed 2 years ago. Honestly, I think I'm done with them for Xmas cards.

Melbel
12-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Our first set of cards arrived on time, but the cards were cut lower than the print preview, meaning heads were cut off (not in an artistic looking kinda way). They reprinted and refunded shipping after some debate (they blamed the issue on not having designer review, which was ridiculous, because the print preview looked perfect). My new set also arrived on time, but I am not happy with the print quality. Very crisp, high resolution photos look blurry. I will not order from them again next year.

AnnieW625
12-14-2013, 11:13 AM
......but I am not happy with the print quality. Very crisp, high resolution photos look blurry. I will not order from them again next year.

I have received cards from others from Tiny Prints as well that I thought were blurry and the end product was not up to par so while they have cute designs I have never ordered from them in fear that my photos would turn out that way too. I did order some non photo invites once and was happy with the result.

Rainbows&Roses
12-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Just an update my cards which were due to be delivered next Wednesday are ready to ship this morning so they should get here in time. I didn't contact them since technically they had not done anything wrong yet. So maybe they are getting back on track. I have never been anything but in love with the cards I got from tiny prints so hopefully they impress me again. I wonder if is is the shutterfly (which I have found to be lower quality) effect. They bought them out in 2011.

I might try Pear Tree next year. A lot of women on another board were recommending them. Good luck to everyone getting their cards out.

Rainbows&Roses
12-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Just an update my cards which were due to be delivered next Wednesday are ready to ship this morning so they should get here in time. I didn't contact them since technically they had not done anything wrong yet. So maybe they are getting back on track. I have never been anything but in love with the cards I got from tiny prints so hopefully they impress me again. I wonder if is is the shutterfly (which I have found to be lower quality) effect. They bought them out in 2011.

I might try Pear Tree next year. A lot of women on another board were recommending them. Good luck to everyone getting their cards out.

eta: mine are coming from Phoenix and the tracking was just updated to show they will be here Tuesday so 1 day ahead of schedule. Since I got free shipping and didn't rush the order, I think that is pretty good.