PDA

View Full Version : Recommend some fun wii games?

bisous
12-14-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm new to the gaming world and I KNOW the wii is an old system but I'm getting DS1 some games for it this year! I'm planning on getting Lego Harry Potter as DS is THE biggest Lego and Harry Potter fan ever, so that is a win. I'd like to get "Just Dance" because it is active and I've seen all kinds of kids really enjoying that one. What else?

TIA!

o_mom
12-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Watching - especially interested in active games!

elbenn
12-14-2013, 11:51 AM
What ages are good for "Just Dance"? Also, there seems to be lots of different versions, including a Disney version. Which version(s) are best?

94bruin
12-14-2013, 11:59 AM
What ages are good for "Just Dance"? Also, there seems to be lots of different versions, including a Disney version. Which version(s) are best?

My kids have Just Dance kids and they love it. They are 4 and 8 yo. DD1 has played the adult version, and she likes it, too. I think the kids version has more kid friendly songs and easier to follow, which would be better for younger kids. You follow actual kids dancing vs the adult version where you're following a silhouette.

egoldber
12-14-2013, 12:25 PM
By far my kids favs are the Family Game Night series. And I have to admit I like playing the games without the pain of the set up. :)

ett
12-14-2013, 12:28 PM
I'll be watching this thread too. We just bought a Wii U bundle that came with Super Mario and Nintendo Land. And then we also bought separately Just Dance 2014. I was on the website looking at all the Just Dance Versions. The regular Just Dance versions are rated ages 10+. The kids versions is for all ages but they included songs like Mary Had a Little Lamb and Itsy Bitsy Spider which I don't think would fly well with my 10 year old.

SnuggleBuggles
12-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Wow, we hate Family Game Night! Maybe there's a new version? Read reviews. :).
Always a hit:
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Play
Wii Fit
Just Dance- ds2 has never played the kid version. He does just fine with regular.
Eta- Mario Party!!

My kids would say:
Super Mario
Zelda
Super Smash Bros
Kirby

egoldber
12-14-2013, 12:49 PM
My kids hate Mario games. :)

They both like Kirby though.

bisous
12-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks for input! I think my kids would prefer the rock music from the older kid version but I don't like some of the songs. I might get the older version Just Dance 3 that is on sale. I like the songs a little better I think!

Oh yeah, how could I forget Mario. I think my kids would like that. Game night sounds fun to me. :) Maybe we'll have to try that one.

SnuggleBuggles
12-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Game Night sounds fun but the interface was dumb and annoying.

lkarp
12-14-2013, 03:25 PM
We like Nickelodeon Wii Fit for our little one (3 years) and my older ones love Kirby's Epic Yarn.