PDA

View Full Version : Which backpacks fit the PlanetBox lunch boxes?

twowhat?
12-14-2013, 06:21 PM
I just bought 2 of the PlanetBoxes from PBK and now I'm wondering which backpacks to get that will fit them (or do folks hang it off the outside of the backpack somehow)? My girls are on the small size for their age...I'm looking at the LLB Junior backpacks but wonder if it'd be better to get the Original. The Planetboxes seem kind of large and I'm worried they won't fit in the junior and still have room for school stuff. Anyone know?

maybeebaby08
12-14-2013, 06:25 PM
The cases come with a strap, so they can carry it on their shoulder outside of their backpack. DD1 has a LL Bean Little Critter Backpack and it fits in there with her school binder with room to spare.

Kindra178
12-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Our planetboxes fit in the LE classmate small and medium as well as the small and medium featherlights. FYI I am very big LLB fan for almost everything over LE but LE backpacks seem to work better for my kids. They have more kid appropriate features in my opinion.

cuca_
12-14-2013, 07:33 PM
The planet box fits in the PBK Jr. size backpack. My kids don't carry much else in it, though. Usually a few papers and gloves and hat in the winter.

endlessheather
12-14-2013, 07:56 PM
We have both PBK and LLB Critter backpacks. They fit with their bags in both of them.

twowhat?
12-15-2013, 12:40 AM
Our planetboxes fit in the LE classmate small and medium as well as the small and medium featherlights. FYI I am very big LLB fan for almost everything over LE but LE backpacks seem to work better for my kids. They have more kid appropriate features in my opinion.

I just looked at these and I think you're right - the chest clip could be really useful plus the LE ones have extra buckles/straps on front. But their selection kind of stinks right now! Maybe I'll wait until next year and take another look since I'm not in a hurry...I'll take a look at PBK too but unsure of the quality.

wencit
12-15-2013, 01:00 AM
Garnet Hill is another option. We have the smaller size, and the Planetbox fits in there sideways, with room to spare for other things. Granted, DS1 is only in second grade, so he doesn't have a ton of books yet.

Kindra178
12-15-2013, 09:33 AM
I just looked at these and I think you're right - the chest clip could be really useful plus the LE ones have extra buckles/straps on front. But their selection kind of stinks right now! Maybe I'll wait until next year and take another look since I'm not in a hurry...I'll take a look at PBK too but unsure of the quality.

PBK backpacks are great quality, in my experience. They also have a ton of kid friendly features. Their patterns are not always great though. As to buying LE backpacks, they always have good sales at the end of July.