PDA

View Full Version : WWYD - DD will not stop crying

lmh2402
12-14-2013, 08:39 PM
i have no clue what is wrong.

we went back to the pedi this morning b/c both kids have been so freakin' miserable.

rechecked her chest - sounds better than it did yesterday. her ears are totally clear.sh

she has had a low, low grade fever all day, but never higher than 100.4

her nasal passages are all swollen - pedi prescribed nasonex, which i gave her late morning

she has had two nebulizer treatments with albuterol today, as prescribed.

i gave her advil and two hylands teething tablets before "bed" at 6:15 (she only two two 15 min naps today)

she was rubbing her face, exhausted.

and now she has NOT stopped crying. i'm losing my mind. all she wants is me. and me to nurse her. i can't pinpoint a specific issue that would have her this worked up. i really, REALLY need a mental break after the last two days - i'm not sure i have it in me to sit in her room right now and just endlessly nurse her. i still haven't even had dinner.

wwyd?

thx

egoldber
12-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Tylenol and Benadryl.

HannaAddict
12-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Willl nursing comfort her? I'd do it and try to do what you can to make yourself comfortable. Can hubby make you dinner, have a glass if wine, tea, latte - whatever makes you feel better. Sorry, it is no fun to be a pacifier but I have been there and sometimes it is the only thing that works. Hang in there.
ETA. Does she like bath or shower time? Mine seem to feel better enough to get to sleep when a warm bath or shower and maybe eucalyptus or lavender bath if you have it? We've even down Epsom
Salt bath for relaxation. And a hot shower for you too, that makes me feel a little better.

BunnyBee
12-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Willl nursing comfort her? I'd do it and try to do what you can to make yourself comfortable. Can hubby make you dinner, have a glass if wine, tea, latte - whatever makes you feel better. Sorry, it is no fun to be a pacifier but I have been there and sometimes it is the only thing that works. Hang in there.

Yep. I retreat to my bed where's there's tv (try to zone out and watch crappy Hallmark holiday movies or read or surf on the iPad), and I can eat and nurse lying down. Hope you both get some rest!

lmh2402
12-14-2013, 08:53 PM
thanks

we already did a warm bath complete with epsom salts and a few drops of lavendar oil

and she's at an age now where it is simply not possible to nurse her outside of her room and expect that she will ever settle and sleep. any bit of light and she's up, looking at it, trying to touch it, take it, use it, own it.

i'm beside myself. seriously. i'm in a bad state right now.

i'm going to go take a shower and then if she's still screaming, i'll just go camp out in her room

thank you

georgiegirl
12-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Hugs. It's so hard when they miserable and all they want is you...and you need a break.

amom526
12-14-2013, 10:09 PM
thanks

we already did a warm bath complete with epsom salts and a few drops of lavendar oil

and she's at an age now where it is simply not possible to nurse her outside of her room and expect that she will ever settle and sleep. any bit of light and she's up, looking at it, trying to touch it, take it, use it, own it.

i'm beside myself. seriously. i'm in a bad state right now.

i'm going to go take a shower and then if she's still screaming, i'll just go camp out in her room

thank you

I really feel for you! It's so hard. If you don't think anything is seriously wrong, I would imagine she is simply so overtired and really pissed off that she can't fall asleep because something is bothering her. If I really felt i did not have it in me to camp out in her room, I would stick her in the car and just drive - if you think she would fall asleep. That assumes you have someone to stay home with Ds1.

I hope she falls asleep!

Mommy_Mea
12-14-2013, 10:15 PM
I really feel for you! It's so hard. If you don't think anything is seriously wrong, I would imagine she is simply so overtired and really pissed off that she can't fall asleep because something is bothering her. If I really felt i did not have it in me to camp out in her room, I would stick her in the car and just drive - if you think she would fall asleep. That assumes you have someone to stay home with Ds1.

I hope she falls asleep!

We went through a stage around that age with DS2 that I drove him around to get him to fall asleep. After an hour of screaming and just more overtired, and me losing all sanity, I loaded him up in the car. He was out like a light shortly after.

I hope she is fast asleep for you and you are getting some quiet time!!

SnuggleBuggles
12-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Make dh drive her around while you get some quiet.

lmh2402
12-14-2013, 10:44 PM
thanks, guys

she passed out while I took a shower. thank g*d.

hoping she sleeps in somewhat decent stretches tonight for her sake and mine.

daphne
12-14-2013, 10:56 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain. It actually sounds like you're in a better place than I am! DD just turned 16 months & is getting all 4 molars. She's had a low-grade fever for 2 days and all she wants to do is nurse. All the time. I know it will pass, but I'm losing my mind. You're not alone! Hope you get a good night's sleep!

Jen841
12-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Sound like baby is overtired .... Mommy too. Keep the house dark. We had that too. Kids still hate lights when they sleep. Dark sleeping is a good thing.