PDA

View Full Version : WWYD Holiday Lights Tour and Car Seats

babyonway
12-16-2013, 12:00 AM
I want to take DD (3.5 yo) on a 90 minute holiday lights tour in our city. It is in an enclosed trolley and no way to use a car seat.

I know she would love it and I would love to take her but am struggling with the car seat issue.

WWYD?

azzeps
12-16-2013, 12:05 AM
I would take her and go.

AngB
12-16-2013, 12:05 AM
A trolley, I would be okay with. We have been on buses, trains, etc. without having the kids in car seats. I don't really view a trolley as much different as that. Won't it be going very slowly?

That being said, I was taken aback when one of my friends posted a picture of her 2 year old riding up front on daddy's lap on a drive through lights exhibit. I know they drive very slowly but it never even occurred to me to take DS1 out of his (RF'ing) car seat--he saw them fine through our minivan window.

wellyes
12-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Trolleys and buses and trains do not require car seats. Have a good time!

SnuggleBuggles
12-16-2013, 12:10 AM
Totally wouldn't worry. Have fun!

♥ms.pacman♥
12-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Totally wouldn't worry. Have fun!
:yeahthat: I consider myself a carseat freak and i woudln't blink at this. Trolley is way different than in a car (where you are going at much faster speed). Have fun!

carolinacool
12-16-2013, 12:43 AM
That being said, I was taken aback when one of my friends posted a picture of her 2 year old riding up front on daddy's lap on a drive through lights exhibit. I know they drive very slowly but it never even occurred to me to take DS1 out of his (RF'ing) car seat--he saw them fine through our minivan window.

We have a local display here, too, and you really do need to be facing forward to get the full effect. I haven't taken DS yet, but I know my friend took her son out when he was still rear-facing.

I wouldn't be worried about the trolley at all!

petesgirl
12-16-2013, 12:53 AM
A trolley, I would be okay with. We have been on buses, trains, etc. without having the kids in car seats. I don't really view a trolley as much different as that. Won't it be going very slowly?

Not sure what the light display was like, but the ones around here are either (a) in a gated community where there is essentially 'no thru traffic' during the times of the show and you literally go 5 mph in a line of cars and look at the decorated homes or (b) in a field that is empty the rest of the year and just set up with lights and displays for the season. I wouldn't have a problem taking a child out of carseat for one of these types of shows.

belovedgandp
12-16-2013, 01:46 AM
No problem with the trolley. Sounds like fun.

There's a drive-thru display that is in a park here. It is a big one way only loop of cars inching along where you have to brake even when just at idling speeds. We take our kids out of their carseats at the entrance and then pull off to the side right after the exit to buckle them back in.