PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to this board and especially Amazon shopper thread

magnoliaparadise
12-16-2013, 03:38 AM
Hi,

I have learned so much from reading your threads - thank you.

I have always grumpily accepted Amazon changes of price and felt resentful and after reading your posts, I now realize that all this time, I could have been getting price adjustments. I went online tonight to get some adjustments back for the first time - really very little - $6.50 over two items - but... I was amazed at how easy it was and how polite and quick to respond the Amazon staff member I was 'chatting' with.

So... although it was a small amount and I have lost TONS of money in not doing price adjustments in the past, I feel so happy knowing that I got the adjustment at all and that I will be more conscientious getting them in the future.

For those who don't know, the Amazon staff member confirmed the following information about price adjustments:
1) you can ask for them within 30 days from your purchase date (not positive if it was purchase or receipt, but I think purchase);
2) you can request as many as you have within that 30 day period;
3) you only get a price adjustment once per item;
4) price adjustments don't apply to lightening deals;
5) although not stated, my sense is that price adjustments are not discretionary, but must be given by the Amazon staff member.

Thanks. And thanks to everyone who has been adding the latest Amazon discounts on (and also other discounts). I am new to this and wondering... how on earth did I spend the last years buying full price for my children's toys? What on earth was I thinking...? Now that I am buying discount, the 'full' price seems crazy expensive. I have seen the light...

KrisM
12-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Interesting. I've been told by 2 that it's 7 days.

You can get an adjustment on something that was a lightning deal and is now a better price. Just not the other way. I bought something on LD for $24.99 and 3 days later it was $19.99. Crazy and they adjusted just fine.

Glad you got some money back!

amandabea
12-16-2013, 09:41 AM

You can get an adjustment on something that was a lightning deal and is now a better price. Just not the other way. I bought something on LD for $24.99 and 3 days later it was $19.99. Crazy and they adjusted just fine.

:yeahthat: to everything. I asked for a PA on something that was delivered 11 days ago and was told it had to be requested within 7 days of delivery.

wellyes
12-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the list! I requested my first-ever amazon PA this year and was amazed how easy it was. Just $5 :) but still!

socaintexas
12-16-2013, 10:53 AM
I was told 7 days also. I asked if I could buy the item at the lower price and return the one that I paid more for and the guy said yes that he would get me a prepaid return label. It seemed kind of silly to go through all of that hassle when they could just do a price adjustment and save money on shipping both ways, but hey it was $50. About that time I lost the connection and was reconnected to a different person who also said 7 days, but that she would go ahead and issue the price adjustment anyway. I think that it really depends on who you talk to regarding the 7 day limit.

Suebell
12-16-2013, 12:32 PM
I was told 7 days also.

Multimama
12-16-2013, 12:43 PM
OP, if it makes you feel better I don't think you've been missing out on price adjustments all this time. They used to never allow them except if the customer was very angry and had purchased something huge.

ellas_mom
12-16-2013, 01:03 PM

Does anyone know if I just bought something yesterday and today it's a Gold Box deal for $20 less -- can I get a price adjustment for it? I've never done price adjustments on Amazon before so I'm a little bit confused. Thank you!

wellyes
12-16-2013, 01:12 PM
I would think a gold box deal is like a lightning deal - no adjustments.
You can always re-buy and refuse the package from the first purchase.

ellas_mom
12-16-2013, 01:16 PM

Oh ok... I will just reorder then. Thanks!

KrisM
12-16-2013, 01:19 PM

Has yesterday's shipped? if not, can you cancel? Otherwise, no I don't think they'll adjust. I'd probably do a chat just to see, but refusing works.

ellas_mom
12-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Has yesterday's shipped? if not, can you cancel? Otherwise, no I don't think they'll adjust. I'd probably do a chat just to see, but refusing works.

I just did a chat and the rep says price adjustment is within 7 days after delivery and unfortunately they exclude gold box deals & lightning deals. Since the item was ordered last night but was shipped out this morning, it's too late to cancel. Bummer :( I'll just reorder and ship the other one back. Thanks everyone.

magnoliaparadise
12-16-2013, 02:11 PM
So weird that the guy I chatted with last night said 30 days while all of you have been told 7 days - and the guy last night even did some price adjustments for more than 7 days... weird.
Anyway, good to know.

jayva70
12-16-2013, 07:54 PM
I have so appreciated the Amazon thread. Thanks, everyone!

Where in the world is the chat feature on Amazon? I'm not sure if it's right in front of me an I'm missing it or if it's hidden---regardless, I can't find it! If it matters, I'm on a MacBook.

Thanks in advance for the help!

KrisM
12-16-2013, 08:16 PM
I have so appreciated the Amazon thread. Thanks, everyone!

Where in the world is the chat feature on Amazon? I'm not sure if it's right in front of me an I'm missing it or if it's hidden---regardless, I can't find it! If it matters, I'm on a MacBook.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Go to "help" and then "contact us". One of the options will be Chat.