PDA

View Full Version : How would you interpret this? (email re dog adoption)

dogmom
12-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Update:
So got a reply back to my email #1 about setting up the time for the call with person #1, saying "I'm person #2 (who sent the cryptic email) and I am now the person handling your adoption, is there a better time to call." She did not reply back to the email with the copy of the cryptic email in it, no explanation of what that email was about, such as sorry, that wasn't meant for you. I just said that time I had set up with person #1 was still good and she should still call on my cell since even if I am home my husband might be doing business on the phone. And she spelled which as witch. Normally I don't care about spelling, I suck at it, but I'm hoping its not a Freudian slip! We'll see how the phone interview goes. I hope you all are right and I'm just being paranoid. My DH did not get a good vibe from her from his brief phone conversation.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

We put our old Lab down this past spring and still have out hound dog who is 8. I think he could use some companionship, and my daughter is obsessed with basset hounds, so I put in an application with a breed rescue in the area. Of course we have been discussing this for months and although I told my DH I was putting the application in he didn't listen, so when the called to tell us to let our vet know they would contact them he sounded surprised. Since then it took 2 weeks, they said one, and they finally emailed us for a phone interview time. One is 3-8p on a day I am off, and another is on a day I work. I emailed back and said after 4 would be good the one day, but they would need to call me on my cell. I am taking my DD to swim practice and it's a good time to call me there. I didn't want them to call between 3-4 because I have to get the kids from the bus stop, dog is excited when they get home, I need to check homework, you get the picture. Person who is doing interview emailed me back and said they would call me at 5.

Then I get an email from someone else at the organization, but it has the same email address, she signed a different name that says:

"See how you are starting a new email with this? Not a good idea in the long run."

OK, but WTF??? I'm assuming she is talking about the fact I said they would have to call me on cell one day and I was working another. (Not that she even put my name or Hi at the beginning, just that message.) Just to be clear, on the application I am clear I am a nurse, that I work 3-12 hr shifts, that my husbands works mostly from home, that the dog would never be alone for more than 6 hours, and that wouldn't be every day, just once a week probably. Of course she didn't bother to ask that my Husband would be home all day Friday, and my DH and DS would be home during the time other time frame. I emailed her back and said I didn't understand her email was was confused. I'm hoping she writes back. Part of me just wants to stop this whole process because I do NOT want to deal with a crazy rescue organization that is going to jerk me around, and I am getting the impression this is one of those. I mean, who of us can have an uninterrupted phone conversation when the kids first get home from school? It just pisses me off because I see how much my kids love my dog, and how much they would love another one that I want smack these people from depriving a dog of a loving home. I have had 3 dogs, two lived to be 13, I have never given a dog up, one was senior rescue. I would love another older dog. What is it with these people?

jerigirl
12-16-2013, 01:15 PM
I suspect that email wasn't intended for you. I'll bet it was intended to be for someone within the office.

katerinasmom
12-16-2013, 01:19 PM
If that was the entirety of the email, my first thought would have been that this email was not intended for me at all and that someone replied to the string in error and that it was meant for someone else as part of a totally different conversation.
I doesn't make any sense to me at all. I hope she responds to you quickly and clears it up.

BunnyBee
12-16-2013, 01:19 PM
I suspect that email wasn't intended for you. I'll bet it was intended to be for someone within the office.

I agree. I know how tough it can be to deal with rescue groups. I hope you find the perfect pup!

MamaMolly
12-16-2013, 01:40 PM
I also agree that she hit Reply All or some other mistake. I really don't get what she would mean by it, otherwise. I'd reply back to her asking her to please clarify her message.

khm
12-16-2013, 01:43 PM
I think she aimed that at someone in her office. I wouldn't sweat it at all, it wasn't intended for you.

wendibird22
12-16-2013, 01:46 PM
I agree with others...not intended for you.

Tondi G
12-16-2013, 05:56 PM
So many people involved in rescue are nuts! They are just not friendly and seem to not really want to place animals while at the same time complaining that there are just too many unwanted pets in the world. Hopefully she messed up and the e-mail wasn't intended for you. Fingers crossed that you are matched with the perfect pooch! Good Luck!

AnnieW625
12-16-2013, 06:10 PM
So many people involved in rescue are nuts! They are just not friendly and seem to not really want to place animals while at the same time complaining that there are just too many unwanted pets in the world. Hopefully she messed up and the e-mail wasn't intended for you. Fingers crossed that you are matched with the perfect pooch! Good Luck!

:yeahthat: We had a similar experience in 2005 and DH said he would never deal with a dog rescue again. We adopted our current dog from a local county animal shelter and couldn't be happier.

Good luck!

crl
12-16-2013, 06:28 PM
We had a bad rescue group experience too and dh refuses to ever consider another rescue dog. I hope things work out well for you!

Catherine

dogmom
12-18-2013, 02:19 PM
So I had my phone interview. Started off rough ( No, according to her bassets are very different than Coon Hounds-which I have-so I have no idea how they will run after a scent. Yeah, they are different, there legs are shorter and they don't run as fast lady! And having both, Coon Hounds are louder!) She sort of gave me grief about wanting a housebroken dog, since they have RESCUES that have lived in horrid situations. I stood my ground and said as far as I was concerned if a 4+ year old dog can't be housebroken I take that to mean that it can't learn other things that it needs to live with my kids. The call lasted 40 min and I won her over, eventually. I held my tongue when she started talking about that pack leader training crap. So no dog for us now, but she felt like she had an idea if what we wanted and I convinced her I would not dump the dog if it chewed my shoes. I'll let you know.