PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 4?

PunkyBoo
12-16-2013, 02:18 PM
A friend is DESPERATELY trying to find a PS4 for Christmas. She lives in So. California and is willing to either pay a lot for expedited shipping or drive as far as she can get while the kids are in school to pick it up. Target and Wal-Mart are telling her they are only in stores, not online, but the stores are sold out and aren't getting more before Christmas. Any ideas to help me help her?

AnnieW625
12-16-2013, 02:38 PM
I will check the Santa Ana (17th St) Target today on my lunch. Has she tried Game Stop, or Game Play? I think they sell new systems.

BabyBearsMom
12-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Try a Best Buy or other electronic store. That is where DH has had the best luck getting systems in short supply in the past. This close to Christmas, she might be totally out of luck though. You can ask at Game Stop and see when the next shipment is in.

Tondi G
12-16-2013, 06:05 PM
I would call around to local stores ... Game Stop, Best Buy, K-mart, Toys r Us. There are also freestanding SONY stores.... http://store.sony.com/-cms-page.sony.store.listing

Corie
12-16-2013, 06:51 PM
The Best Buy stores in our area are holding all the PS4 systems that they get in each day and they put them all out on Sunday.

My husband went to Best Buy at 8am and waited in line. The Best Buy had 30 Playstation 4 game systems. My husband was 24th in line
by getting there at 8am.

dukie41181
12-16-2013, 07:00 PM
My husband just walked into a Game Stop in Sunday morning and was able to easily buy one. While he was there he said they sold 2-3 others. I don't know if it was a fluke or if he was just lucky. Perhaps try Game Stop stores?

kdeunc
12-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Good luck to her. I have been looking since the release and have not seen one yet in our area (NC). We ended up with an XBOX ONE, much better availability around here. Hope she can find one.

Pennylane
12-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Try signing up at Now in stock for alerts. You can get a text message right when they show up at any store online.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

AngB
12-17-2013, 10:08 AM
I have also seen posts on Slickdeals when it comes in stock somewhere (usually Amazon or Best Buy.) Not sure what the current status is (I assume sold out) but you may tell her to keep an eye out there or set up an alert there as well.