PDA

View Full Version : Eek! First job interview in 10 years!

ABO Mama
12-16-2013, 05:01 PM
I've been a SAHM for 10 years, and I'm ready to get back to work again. I've been looking and applying for almost a year, and this morning I got a call to go in Wednesday morning. I'm so excited and nervous! I'm not even sure what to wear. It's a laboratory, and at my old lab we just wore jeans. Obviously, I won't wear jeans to an interview, but what? A suit is too much (and I don't have one anymore after 3 DC), skirt and boots??? Sweater dress? Most of my stuff is casual. And then the interview itself. I applied for 2 positions at this company, and I don't know which one this is for! Fortunately, they are similar, but still. I could use some good mojo Wednesday morning!

Any interview advise?

westwoodmom04
12-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Wishing you lots of luck, maybe a nice blouse, dress pants and a jacket or cardigan? I'm use to formal work environments so not much help.

rin
12-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Congratulations!!!

The best interview advice I've seen recently (aside, of course, from being well-prepared) is to watch a 5-minute clip of your favorite comedian or read something that makes you laugh out loud right before your interview, so you'll be more relaxed and cheerful.

Do you have a pair of nice cords, or tropical wool pants, or something similar? I think a pair of good pants, a nice blouse, and possibly a sweater over it would be appropriate for a lab environment.