PDA

View Full Version : When I said today was 'health insurance day' - I didn't mean ALL DAY!

echoesofspring
12-16-2013, 08:00 PM
DH and I looked at plans from 9:30-10:15. Then I called our agent to get questions answered. Called DH and confirmed what we are doing. And then I logged on to the CA 'marketplace' site. I try to not slam websites, since I know it's can be hard to get them right, but....what a mess. Pages that woudn't advance to the next step b/c of nonexistent errors, or were missing their 'continue button' and just random error pages. Back and forth between my agent and thechat help (which took over an hour to connect, phone line didn't work at all), finally finished about 30 min. ago. Maybe I'm finished. No conf email or indication in my account that it worked though my agent can see that it did. I should have just gone in and filled out the paper form, if that even still exists....I hope we have insurance Jan 1 when other policy disappears....

MommyAllison
12-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Ugh, similar issues here. Filled out our application on the marketplace site over the weekend, hit submit and it said there was an error, though our status shows that we have applied. Tried calling several times today, could not get through, just got the "very high call volume, cannot answer your call, try later" recording. Hoping it was just because its Monday, and that I will be able to get through tomorrow!

echoesofspring
12-17-2013, 01:19 AM
Ugh, similar issues here. Filled out our application on the marketplace site over the weekend, hit submit and it said there was an error, though our status shows that we have applied. Tried calling several times today, could not get through, just got the "very high call volume, cannot answer your call, try later" recording. Hoping it was just because its Monday, and that I will be able to get through tomorrow!

So frustrating! If you still have problems, one thing you can try is calling an agent. You can 'assign' them to your file and then they can check on the status for you, the agent I was working with was able to verify I had successfully gotten coverage even though I couldn't find out.

Kestrel
12-17-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm with ya....

Our state's identity verify part of the exchange is based on your credit report. Well, our credit report has errors, and we can't get in. The only answer we've been able to get is to "get your credit report fixed, then try again". Thanks. You know it takes 60-90 days to fix errors on your credit report, right? and that's if things go smoothly! Big help, agent. Thanks.

TwoBees
12-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Ugh. I hope it works out!

ChristinaLucia
12-18-2013, 09:59 AM
I spent over 3 hours on hold for BCBS of Michigan yesterday. Ugh! I feel you!