PDA

View Full Version : Doh!

anonomom
12-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Over the weekend DH mentioned that he might like a Kindle for Christmas. I finally sat down to order it just now and they're all sold out! Both the current and last version of the Paperwhite are out of stock; the new version will ship in 4-6 weeks.

And I literally, like 5 minutes ago, told DH I wasn't going to get him the other big thing on his list because it's apparently on a good sale and he wants to buy it if I'm not going to. If I tell him not to buy it then he'll know exactly what he's getting for Christmas.

Gah.

specialp
12-16-2013, 08:39 PM
I would just tell him not to buy the other thing and if you are trying to be sly, say you have spent more this christmas than you anticipated. Really, I wouldn't worry about him knowing. If he had 2 things on his wish list and you told him you weren't getting the on-sale item, then he could probably guess you were getting the kindle. No difference really if you change now and he knows he is getting the other thing.

TwinFoxes
12-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Try Best Buy, Office Depot, Fry's, Staples. Lots of stores, both online and B&M sell them. All is not lost. :)

jenmcadams
12-16-2013, 09:10 PM
It's showing in stock, but 1-2 days extra processing for me (I have Prime). I just ordered one (non-3G Paperwhite version) and it's supposed to arrive by Xmas