PDA

View Full Version : Prozac questions

Melaine
12-17-2013, 09:38 AM
so this is my third round of Prozac. It has been about two months now. In general, I feel much much better. I feel like I have woken up from a nightmare. The spiraling negative thoughts are virtually gone, many of my physical symptoms have decreased significantly. An interesting improvement is my seeing spots or floaters which was really bad has almost disappeared. I was supposed to go to my dr. For a follow up but I neglected to make an appointment. I'm debating over asking to change meds because of a couple side effects. One, I am slightly shaky all the time. I just read I should contact the dr. Immediately if I have this side effect....anyone want to comment? I also have had sexual side effects but that has happened each time and seems to be getting better. I'm just torn about the shaking because it isn't terrible but if it shouldn't be happening I don't want to ignore it. WWYD?

sunshine873
12-17-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm not familiar with Prozac, but with any med, if you're experiencing side effects like that, I would definitely contact a Dr. And you should be following-up anyway to discuss how it's going. Definitely, make an appointment. That's part of the responsibilities in taking a medicine.

BabyDahl
12-17-2013, 01:16 PM
You should be evaluated for this. Some questions they'll ask include where is the shaking (one or both hands, internal feelings of shaking, etc), is it at rest (eg when you're sitting still or when you're moving), is it uncomfortable, etc. All meds in that class can cause tremor or something called akathisia (inner uncomfortable restlessness), switching to another med in that class (SSRI) or even to a different class of meds may help.

Indianamom2
12-17-2013, 01:52 PM
I've taken several different SSRIs and a couple of other types of anti-anxiety meds and never had a shaky feeling. I'd definitely check that out with your doctor.

crayonblue
12-17-2013, 02:31 PM
I've tried many different anxiety/depression meds and some made me shaky, some gave me insomnia, some made me nauseous. I finally found two that work without any side effects at all so I stick with those. I have zero tolerance for side effects…if they make me feel bad, I am NOT taking them. Thank goodness I don't have to take a mood stabilizer or I would be in trouble.

Tondi G
12-17-2013, 06:39 PM
I would talk to your doctor. There are so many options for meds now that you don't have to stay with one if it is causing negative side effects. I had a great experience with Lexapro.