PDA

View Full Version : Lifeproof Fre phone case? Opinions?

TwoBees
12-17-2013, 09:40 AM
How does this case hold up and compare to Otterbox? Target has a deal on the Fre cases this week.

OKKiddo
12-17-2013, 09:47 AM
I have this case and it has already saved my iPhone twice. I've gone underwater with it and it took great pictures without issue. I can slide my finger across it and it doesn't slow down the response rate for my iPhone at all. Then I've dropped it once when trying to catch myself from falling at the top of concrete stairs. Phone and case were perfect. Then I dropped it a month later and the case chipped on the upper right corner so that I can see the rubber liner thing. I won't trust it to remain waterproof now but it has already saved me a lot of money. Time for me to get a new one and I'll be just as happy spending the money again. What deal is at Target? ;)

TwoBees
12-17-2013, 09:51 AM
I have this case and it has already saved my iPhone twice. I've gone underwater with it and it took great pictures without issue. I can slide my finger across it and it doesn't slow down the response rate for my iPhone at all. Then I've dropped it once when trying to catch myself from falling at the top of concrete stairs. Phone and case were perfect. Then I dropped it a month later and the case chipped on the upper right corner so that I can see the rubber liner thing. I won't trust it to remain waterproof now but it has already saved me a lot of money. Time for me to get a new one and I'll be just as happy spending the money again. What deal is at Target? ;)

Thanks!
Target has them for $79.99 plus a $20 GC. I don't actually know if this is the best price, I haven't looked around, but I don't feel like ordering online and I do a lot of shopping at target, so the deal works for me.

ETA: Amazon has them cheaper, but I'm not a big Amazon shopper. Best Buy has them for $64, but the Target deal is better if you shop there enough to use the GC.

LD92599
12-17-2013, 10:07 AM
LOVE it. It's still very sleek and doesn't have the bulk of the Otterbox plus it doesn't get stuck in my pockets etc like the otterbox.

Mikey0709
12-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Both my husband and I have had lifeproof cases going on a year and 1/2 now. Both have seen better days and rubber around entire front edges have come off both. Also both charge port doors are cracked. seems both just made it through the 1 year warrenty, then started falling apart. Not what I expected for the $80 price.... BUT our phones are still good and case (though beat) is still on. We have never had them underwater but totally wouldn't trust that now. I think I may buy again if I found a really good sale, but not full price.

MaiseyDog
12-17-2013, 10:44 AM
I looked at the Lifeproof cases as well as the Otterbox cases when I was looking for DH's christmas present. he needs a waterproof case for when he goes duck hunting. Both seem like they do a good job of protecting the phones. I talked with several people and the most common indorsement I got for the lifeproof case was that it was sleeker and not as bulky. I ended up going with the otterbox Armor case for the most part because it was cheaper. Amazone had them for about $40. Another thing that held me back from the lifeproof case was that I found a lot of complaints online of folks buying the lifeproof cases and then being told by Lifeproof that they were not autentic. These were reports from both best buy and amazon so I was a little hesitant to purchase from anywhere other than the company.

123LuckyMom
12-17-2013, 12:36 PM
There's no doubt that the Otterbox protects better than the Lifeproof, but the Lifeproof is sleeker and waterproof. If you don't need the waterproof feature, I'd get the Otterbox.

DH started out with the Lifeproof and had a lot of trouble with the speakerphone, which he uses for talking almost exclusively. He tried two different cases, but he couldn't get rid of the reverberation and echo. He switched to an Otterbox, and the problem is gone.

emily_gracesmama
12-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Best buy will match amazons pricing. I did that for mine yesterday and got it for 49.99