PDA

View Full Version : Holiday card WWYD

acmom
12-17-2013, 03:59 PM
I just got my holiday cards and was stuffing the envelopes when I noticed a problem...the photos look great, but I somehow picked a card that didn't actually say "Happy Holidays" or anything similar on it! I was purposely didn't pick a Merry Christmas or religious one bc we are sending them to friends who are not Christian, but I meant to say some greeting. I can't believe neither my DH or I noticed this fact when we were previewing them online.

Would you just send them as is or try to add it in some way? I have a craft stamp for gift tags that I could use and stamp on the back of each envelope (the stamp won't show up on the actual card I don't think and it might smudge). Another option would be to add a small label sticker on the back that says it. I really don't want to handwrite a message bc there are about 100+ and they are already stuffed.

WWYD? Thanks!

carolinacool
12-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Does it say anything, or is it literally just the photos?

acmom
12-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Does it say anything?

Just our names. I was one of the kind where they prompt you to type in your family's last name as well as first names. So it says "the ----s" and then all our first names under it. I could have probably typed my greeting rather than our last name, but I just followed the format without really thinking about it or looking closely at the words!

sariana
12-17-2013, 04:05 PM
In would just leave it. People know it's the holiday season! And they know why you're sending the cards. I like to see people's photos; I don't care about the message. We don't all celebrate the same holidays.

nfowife
12-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Send it. The purpose this time of year is a given!

carolinacool
12-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Just our names. I was one of the kind where they prompt you to type in your family's last name as well as first names. So it says "the ----s" and then all our first names under it. I could have probably typed my greeting rather than our last name, but I just followed the format without really thinking about it or looking closely at the words!

Oh, OK. Totally just send it. I bet half the receivers won't even notice themselves.

ett
12-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Oh, OK. Totally just send it. I bet half the receivers won't even notice themselves.

:yeahthat:

SnuggleBuggles
12-17-2013, 05:00 PM
I always write a hand written message on the back anyway. Some people I had a lot to say to, others just got a generic Merry Christmas or such.

wencit
12-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Yes, just send it and don't give it another thought! Everyone will know why you're sending the card.

mackmama
12-17-2013, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't worry about it and just send 'em.

BunnyBee
12-17-2013, 09:22 PM
I look at the pictures. I'm pretty sure the cards could say Happy Goldfish Peanut Butter and I wouldn't notice this year.

SnuggleBuggles
12-17-2013, 09:36 PM
I look at the pictures. I'm pretty sure the cards could say Happy Goldfish Peanut Butter and I wouldn't notice this year.

I want mine to say that next year. :)

acmom
12-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Thanks everyone! You put my mind at ease and made me feel less crazy that I didn't notice this until now! I sealed them and am mailing tomorrow.