PDA

View Full Version : Calico Critters house for 2 yr old?

flashy09
12-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Is 2 yrs old too young for Calico Critters? My DD loves them in the bookstore! I would take out the smallest pieces and she has never been one to put much in her mouth. What house would you recommend? Bunnies vs cats vs dogs? I am totally new to this!

alirebco
12-17-2013, 09:48 PM
You can just get the families and use with another dollhouse. I have a couple of the animals for my 2.5 daughter but I don't have the little pieces because they'd get lost.

wellyes
12-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Start small - I think that's great advice. Give her a family, see how she does, buy a furniture set, if that goes well get more. It's a classic 'love at the store, meh at home' toy IME so don't she'll out for a cottage with all the works just yet.

vonfirmath
12-17-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm considering a family for my 2 year old for Christmas stocking. I'm pretty sure I'll take off clothes and just let her play with the animals. And make some beds out of small food boxes for them.

flashy09
12-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Does anyone have the Cozy Cottage? Is that a good starter home or is there another out there that's more fun? I found the baby windmill playhouse, which looked really fun, but worried that the pieces would be even smaller since it's baby themed.

kboyle
12-18-2013, 01:34 PM
i was at toys r us yesterday and they were boho 50% off...just an fyi

BabyBearsMom
12-18-2013, 02:05 PM
DD1 has a few of the families, but she didn't get into playing with them until she was almost 3. I might get one of the starter dollhouses for a 2yo instead of the Calico Critters.