PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy pillows?

happymom
12-18-2013, 11:32 AM
I have about 6 more weeks to go. I am sleeping comfortably, but lately I wake up feeling very sore- my whole body, but especially my back. I didn't use any kind of pregnancy pillow during my first pregnancy but I'm wondering if I should try one now. Any recommendations? Thanks.

TwoBees
12-18-2013, 11:59 AM
I bought one and didn't end up using it. It just doesn't work for me. I have better luck rotating between a soft regular pillow and an old body pillow I have. My suggestion is to try out various pillows that you already have in your house (especially different sizes, even throw pillows) before buying something, and then start with the less expensive body pillows that you can get at Bed Bath and Beyond. With my previous pregnancy, I loved a small wedge pillow.

If my pregnancy pillow wasn't so darn big, I'd send it to you!

gymnbomb
12-18-2013, 12:20 PM
I am currently using a huge one a friend gave me -- I just started using it this week and I do like it, but if I didn't have it already I probably would not have bought a huge or pricey one. I think a body pillow would work almost as well and would be cheaper and not take up our whole bed. I don't mind that part so much, but I think I'm crowding DH a bit :)

Lenny
12-26-2013, 11:41 PM
My husband bought me a snoogle when I was 11 weeks along because I started having wicked bad sciatica pain.

I am in love with my snoogle and jokingly told my husband in the car today that I am divorcing him and marrying the snoogle, hahahaha. For me, it's because I'm normally a stomach sleeper and obviously can't sleep on my stomach right now, at least not comfortable. The pillow lets me drape myself a little more comfortably and align my back however I want without needing to spend 10 minutes adjusting a bunch of our regular pillows.

There are a few caveats though.. first is that the thing is massive, so if you don't have at least a queen sized bed, your hubby may get annoyed at how much space it takes up. It's also a major "block", so if you like to sleep snuggled up together or cuddle together in the morning, it can make it really hard. Also because it is bigger, if you're up and down in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and you have it on the side you climb in and out of bed on, you're going to have to keep moving it or climbing over it.

Tenasparkl
12-27-2013, 12:19 AM
I loved the snoogle, but with only six weeks left I'd skip it and try to make due with pillows already in the house.