PDA

View Full Version : ISO good deal on gymnastics mat

sewarsh
12-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Anyone have any suggestions or tips on where to buy one for a good price?
Thanks!

savvymom
12-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Thanks!

Oh me too! I'll be watching this thread closely. I've been checking Craigslist and still need to call our gymnastics school to see if they have any sort of wholesale connection.

Avispa
12-18-2013, 11:52 PM
me three

kristenk
12-19-2013, 12:00 AM
No help on deals, but I purchased from resilite.com a few years ago. The mat is great!

poppy
12-19-2013, 12:08 AM
I recently purchased one from Amazon's lightning deal coupled with the $25 off from AMEX. It's orginally $185, on deal for $139.99 plus $25 off from AMEX, but I also had to pay about $12 in taxes though.
I noticed Amazon does repeat lightning deals sometimes.
http://www.amazon.com/Tumbl-Trak-Purple-Tumbling-Folding/dp/B006FFCJ8A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1387425905&sr=8-4&keywords=tumble+trak

Mim
12-19-2013, 08:58 AM
I bought one last month for Chanukah -- did a lot of comparison shopping online, looking through Craigs List including the vendor that DD's gymnastic's gym had a fundraiser/discount with, etc. Somehow I thought of looking on Ebay, too -- since most of the online vendors all seemed about the same in the mid200s-$300 range.

Ultimately, Ebay was the BEST deal. There are a lot of vendors selling directly via Ebay with new gymnastics mats. I got a new 4' x 10' x 2" for $109 including shipping (and no tax). It arrived really quickly and is very very nice (also has velcro edges so you could add on a mat to expand the size of space in the future)! It also accordion folds into 1/3 the size, very helpful FYI. I just checked and the vendor I used doesn't seem to be listing gymnastics mats at the moment (just other sports supplies)....but there are other vendors with free shipping. Unfortunately the prices aren't as low (more in the $140 range at quick glance) but worth digging around.

The gymnastics supplier websites go on and on about quality blah blah, but from my untrained eye, the mat we got is sturdy, well stitched, and seems equivalent to DD's gymnastics "academy". I also figured that at age 8, 2years into gymnastics class....does she need "competition-level" quality? My answer was "no"! DD and all her friends ADORE the mat and it works well under sleeping bags for sleepovers!

BTW, I'm happy I went with the 4 x 10 vs 4 x 8 -- the size is perfect for 8yo tall DD to do cartwheels and flips without going off the mat.

The listing was by bestchoiceproducts "4'x10'x2" Gymnastics Gym Folding Exercise Aerobics Mats Blue Stretching Yoga Mat" in case my quick glance missed it just now and/or it comes back online. They had a bunch of them last month.

good luck!

sewarsh
12-19-2013, 09:54 AM
I bought one last month for Chanukah -- did a lot of comparison shopping online, looking through Craigs List including the vendor that DD's gymnastic's gym had a fundraiser/discount with, etc. Somehow I thought of looking on Ebay, too -- since most of the online vendors all seemed about the same in the mid200s-$300 range.

Ultimately, Ebay was the BEST deal. There are a lot of vendors selling directly via Ebay with new gymnastics mats. I got a new 4' x 10' x 2" for $109 including shipping (and no tax). It arrived really quickly and is very very nice (also has velcro edges so you could add on a mat to expand the size of space in the future)! It also accordion folds into 1/3 the size, very helpful FYI. I just checked and the vendor I used doesn't seem to be listing gymnastics mats at the moment (just other sports supplies)....but there are other vendors with free shipping. Unfortunately the prices aren't as low (more in the $140 range at quick glance) but worth digging around.

The gymnastics supplier websites go on and on about quality blah blah, but from my untrained eye, the mat we got is sturdy, well stitched, and seems equivalent to DD's gymnastics "academy". I also figured that at age 8, 2years into gymnastics class....does she need "competition-level" quality? My answer was "no"! DD and all her friends ADORE the mat and it works well under sleeping bags for sleepovers!

BTW, I'm happy I went with the 4 x 10 vs 4 x 8 -- the size is perfect for 8yo tall DD to do cartwheels and flips without going off the mat.

The listing was by bestchoiceproducts "4'x10'x2" Gymnastics Gym Folding Exercise Aerobics Mats Blue Stretching Yoga Mat" in case my quick glance missed it just now and/or it comes back online. They had a bunch of them last month.

good luck!

Mim, Thx SO much!! I'll keep an eye out. you're in the same boat as me. but with a short 7 YO DD. :)

savvymom
12-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Mim, Thx SO much!! I'll keep an eye out. you're in the same boat as me. but with a short 7 YO DD. :)

Thank you Mim! I just contacted that seller, I havent had the time to research like i usually do, so i really appreciate your info!

Thanks Poppy - bummed I missed that deal, it looks like both sizes are sold out now. :(

Avispa
12-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Thank you Mim! I just contacted that seller, I havent had the time to research like i usually do, so i really appreciate your info!

Thanks Poppy - bummed I missed that deal, it looks like both sizes are sold out now. :(

Yes, thank you! I'm not quite ready to get this but it will be helpful to have the info when I need it!

abh5e8
12-19-2013, 04:20 PM

will you let us know what the seller replies? I'd love to buy one of these too (or maybe 2! our basement is big and my kids are already getting a little stir crazy with the weather.)

savvymom
12-19-2013, 06:09 PM
will you let us know what the seller replies? I'd love to buy one of these too (or maybe 2! our basement is big and my kids are already getting a little stir crazy with the weather.)

Sure, havent heard anything back yet, but I'll post here if I do. Need to pull the trigger asap to get it here for Xmas

sewarsh
12-19-2013, 07:32 PM
I was thinking about this one. I like the colors (matches our basement light green wall color) and although its a different seller, it seems similar to Mim's but not ready to pull trigger yet either!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8x4x2-Green-Gymnastics-Gym-Folding-Exercise-Aerobics-Stretching-Yoga-Mat-/201004145289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eccc7da89

savvymom
12-19-2013, 08:23 PM
I was thinking about this one. I like the colors (matches our basement light green wall color) and although its a different seller, it seems similar to Mim's but not ready to pull trigger yet either!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8x4x2-Green-Gymnastics-Gym-Folding-Exercise-Aerobics-Stretching-Yoga-Mat-/201004145289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eccc7da89

Just heard back from the eBay seller Unfortunately, we do not have any more of these, or anything similar at this time. Please check back with us in 4-6 weeks, as we may have this back in stock at that time.

Please let us know if there is anything further that we may be able to help with.

Sincerely,

Ruben
Customer Service Representative
909-948-8400

Bummer

frugalmom
12-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Thanks!

Off this site 7 years ago I got mats from discount school supply for 25.00 they are awesome. I bought 4 of them at the time. I wish I would have bought 3 times that many. now I have 4 kids, so we need be a bigger area. I have looked over the years and never ever have seen them that cheap. they are great mats like what my kids use at their classes. fold up, have handles, can attach with Velcro to each other.

here are some at Costco

http://www.costco.com/.product.11536111.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-PopularProductsInCategory&cm_vc=categorypageHorizontalTop|PopularProductsInC ategory

or this at walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Everlast-2-x-6-Folding-Exercise-Mat/14292470

here is something at sams

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/all-purpose-exercise-mat-blue/prod1150050.ip?navAction=

Mim
01-05-2014, 09:44 AM

good luck!

------------
Update: it's back on eBay

I know, the holidays have passed but...

I just noticed the 4'x10'x2" new folding gymnastics mat is back for sale -- $110 with free shipping. We are two months into use here...love it.

Note that this is much larger than the 4'x4' (costco) or others (4x6, 4x8) and the 2" thickness, which is what I wanted. If it seems too large, it folds in 3 for easy storage or for smaller areas (e.g. can have 2 sections down with 1 sectioned doubled over to reduce footprint). I also liked this color - bright blue - because it is gender neutral, and a "longevity" size (4'x10') and "longevity" color (note: many girls start shunning pink by age 8!).

All of the details per my post above.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x10x2-Gymnastics-Gym-Folding-Exercise-Aerobics-Mats-Blue-Stretching-Yoga-Mat/360822891912?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D261%26meid%3D3902810470006367576%26pid%3D10 0005%26prg%3D1088%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D360827 970571%26

HTH!
mim

maybeebaby08
01-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Thank you! This will be a great present for DD1's birthday!

sewarsh
01-05-2014, 01:38 PM
I got this one before christmas, more than i wanted to pay, but didn't have a choice at that time.
annoyed that costco didn't have that mat before.
anywas, this is a really nice one. we're very happy with it and it matches the colors of our basement.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201004145289?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

daisyd
01-06-2014, 12:56 PM
I saw some yoga mats at TJMAxx for $20-25. Not sure about the quality though.

debbo
05-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Has anyone ordered this from amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/We-Sell-Mats-Gymnastics-Fasteners/dp/B005D50MFK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1400251349&sr=8-3&keywords=gymnastic+mat

Sorry, not sure why it's not copying as a link...

Seems like a decent price and quality.

Thanks!