PDA

View Full Version : just confirm the orders!

KrisM
12-19-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm frustrated with DS1's teacher. Back in October, I preordered the newest Diary of a Wimpy Kid book through Scholastic so that it would be delivered on the release date to DS1 at school. I thought he would think that was really cool. I did the preorder about 4 days before the deadline. But, the teacher didn't confirm it until 3 days after the deadline, so it wasn't included in the preorder delivery. He still got it, but days late.

Then, on Nov. 24, I ordered something for DD for Christmas. I meant to pick her as the child, but picked DS1 instead. Today I realized I didn't have it. DS1's teacher looked online and didn't see it. I called Scholastic and it turns out that the order was part of the Sept. flyer and it expired on the 25th of Nov. The teacher would have gotten an email for my order and another saying it was expiring and she needed to confirm it. Since she didn't act on either email, it was dropped from her order. And, apparently, Scholastic doesn't notify me at all. So, here it is days before Christmas when I finally remember and I don't have it. Luckily the guy on the phone was really helpful and sent it out via Express shipping directly to my house, so I'm hoping!

I just wish she'd act on the emails in a timely fashion.

PZMommy
12-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Scholastic never notifies me (a teacher), if I have parent orders pending. I only find out if I log into my account.

Ceepa
12-19-2013, 11:11 PM
At least you know to go through the other teacher for all future orders. Hope the books arrives with no more problems.

MamaMolly
12-19-2013, 11:12 PM
Interesting. I had no idea that the teacher had to log in and confirm an order. What a PITA for everyone!

crl
12-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Interesting. I had no idea that the teacher had to log in and confirm an order. What a PITA for everyone!

Yep. I'm one of the book parents for dd's preschool and we have to go in and finalize the orders. I think this is because they all get shipped together. It is really easy to do fortunately. I also put in the teacher's order because she doesn't like to deal with the computer.

Catherine

KrisM
12-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Scholastic never notifies me (a teacher), if I have parent orders pending. I only find out if I log into my account.

Weird! They've told me twice now that the emails happens.

PZMommy
12-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Weird! They've told me twice now that the emails happens.

I get an email from them once I have placed an order with a confirmation order number/receipt and then another email once it has shipped with a tracking number. I just logged into my account to see if there were any settings I could check off to get emails if a parent places an order and I couldn't find one. When a parent places an order, I can see it when I log in and then I have to confirm that it is my student. But that order isn't placed until I submit my entire order. I would love to get an email every time a parent submits an order. I may call them when we get back from break and ask about that.

crl
12-20-2013, 02:07 AM
I didn't get any emails notifying me of parents' orders either.

Catherine