PDA

View Full Version : I hate BitStrips.

♥ms.pacman♥
12-22-2013, 08:30 PM
I think they are the creepiest thing ever. THe same people post them over and over and they always weird me out, they are just so random. I don't see how they are funny at all.

that was the pettiest bitch ever, but had to get that out. :)

MamaMolly
12-22-2013, 08:45 PM
off to google so I can commiserate! ;)

ETA: Ohhhhhhh those things. Yeah. I have one friend who posts them and they are D.U.M.B.

AshleyAnn
12-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Agreed. Some people seem addicted to them and its just silly pictures

anonomom
12-22-2013, 09:05 PM
I had to google it too since I didn't know what they were called. I'm with you. They seem so stupid and totally not funny.

georgiegirl
12-22-2013, 09:28 PM
I agree that they are weird and creepy.

mikeys_mom
12-22-2013, 10:45 PM
I agree. I don't get the point of them at all. Also don't find them funny. They seem to get lots of "likes" on FB so some people must find them funny.:shrug:

hellokitty
12-22-2013, 11:19 PM
So do I! I don't really understand what is so great about them. Worse yet, there have been a few times where I have tried to block bitstrips, but I STILL get some of them on my fb feed?!?! It's so weird. Thankfully, I haven't noticed any in the past couple wks. Maybe the ppl who were using it finally realized that they were annoying the crap out of all of their friends.

khm
12-23-2013, 12:46 AM
So do I! I don't really understand what is so great about them. Worse yet, there have been a few times where I have tried to block bitstrips, but I STILL get some of them on my fb feed?!?! It's so weird. Thankfully, I haven't noticed any in the past couple wks. Maybe the ppl who were using it finally realized that they were annoying the crap out of all of their friends.

I blocked the very first one I saw, and haven't seen any since! I do think people sometimes "tag" them with names, so that might sneak through? I dunno, I am no FB expert!

DietCokeLover
12-23-2013, 12:49 AM
I had to google that. Never heard of it and I've never seen one before. I must be living under a rock.

queenmama
12-23-2013, 05:03 AM
Yeah, I blocked them right away but some still manage to pop up if a friend comments or likes them.

It's been about two months now and I'm hoping the fad will soon die!

Lara

TwinFoxes
12-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Gosh, I rarely see them. I can see why they would get old if people were doing them all of the time. I do like seeing friends' interpretations of themselves as cartoons. :)

egoldber
12-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Huh. I've only seen a couple. One friend did a holiday card this way and put it on Facebook. I thought it was cute. :) But I can see how it would be annoying if people did it all the time.

KLD313
12-23-2013, 11:00 AM
A couple of my friends did them for awhile and then got over the novelty but this one girl is still doing them and they're not funny at all. She almost does them as a status update, like she was sick so made a bitstrip about it, she went back to work and madeva bitstrip. Ugh!

Globetrotter
12-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Oh yeah, those are a bit pointless unless they are actually thought out and funny. I think some people use them as status updates. One of my friends did one of her boyfriend bringing her breakfast in bed.. Actually, two friends are chronicling their romances via these.

truly scrumptious
12-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Right there with ya! All the ones I've seen make obscure references to some part of the person's life that I have no idea about, and don't care about, so it seems like an inside joke I'm not getting. I had no idea I could block them - off to try...

carolinacool
12-23-2013, 12:43 PM
I do like seeing friends' interpretations of themselves as cartoons. :)

True. My mom does them, and I think the cartoon version of herself is super cute (but so is my mom!) LOL

I do think they are starting to wane, though. I never had a ton of people do them anyway, but there are definitely fewer of them popping up on my feed.