PDA

View Full Version : Anyone besides me wish it was Jan 6th already?

elliput
12-23-2013, 11:36 AM
I have a figurative ton of non-holiday related stuff which is happening over the break and really wish it was Jan 6th so it would all be done. :dizzy:

kaharris83
12-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Absolutely. My DH left a week ago and won't be back until then. I am so ready for Jan 6...

petesgirl
12-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Absolutely. My DH left a week ago and won't be back until then. I am so ready for Jan 6...

He won't be home for Christmas? That's too bad!!
I'm dreading Jan 6 as my 2 yr old's tonsillectomy is scheduled for that day.

ChristinaLucia
12-23-2013, 01:27 PM
I am. My kids are fighting like cats & dogs!

hellokitty
12-23-2013, 01:36 PM
I am. My kids are fighting like cats & dogs!

This is my problem too. The kids are driving me crazy.

wendibird22
12-23-2013, 01:45 PM
This is my problem too. The kids are driving me crazy.

Us too. I think I've repeated "please find something to do!" 100 times already.

Melaine
12-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Although I am loving the holidays and really enjoying this season particularly, my sister's wedding is jan. 4 so there is a lot of stress on my parents and family this year. All three kids are in the wedding along with me so It will definitely be a relief when it is over.

barkley1
12-23-2013, 02:53 PM
My kids are fighting like crazy, too! And the stomach bug is running rampant in our city. Very other Facebook feed, some family is vomiting. Ugh. So ready to get back to the routine.

♥ms.pacman♥
12-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Not yet ..we've been keeping busy with activities so far. However the kids are going back to daycare Dec 30. We are not traveling or having family visit thia year and I think 9 days is more than enough. My kids are dont do well without thw routine of school for too long.

elliput
12-23-2013, 04:05 PM
:eek: I just had a deadline moved up 3 days. This makes the next week even more crazy. :dizzy:

Nooknookmom
12-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Jan 6 is a special day here too kid 2 back in school and adult kid 1 has a new internship! Crossing fingers for her- I hope all goes well. So yeah I'm kinda ready for normal schedules again!!!

swissair81
12-25-2013, 10:20 AM
I could wait. It's not holiday season for me, my kids are all in school, and I'm on academic vacation at the moment. The new semester starts January 6th.

StantonHyde
12-25-2013, 01:21 PM
I could wait. It's not holiday season for me, my kids are all in school, and I'm on academic vacation at the moment. The new semester starts January 6th.

You are making me jealous! ;)

twowhat?
12-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Right now I'd be happy if Jan 6 never came:) I am dreading going back to work.

OP, sorry you're not feeling the holiday vacay!

ahisma
12-27-2013, 01:34 AM
Yes! I work from home and have no home office - so I'm basically sequestered to the bedroom while everyone is home. I could go to the coffee shop or something, but that doesn't work for phone calls.

DH is a teacher so it's great that he's home to help with the kids, but they're trashing the house and he's in vacation mode so he's (1) not cleaning up after himself or the kids, and (2) constantly asking me if I'm almost done working (not going to happen).

I have a work list a mile long to tackle in the next few weeks. It never fails that his break time is my busy time, and he really doesn't get that I'm slammed. Meanwhile, his entire family is full of teachers and they schedule family holiday gatherings during the work day for the next two weeks. Tomorrow I'm supposed to be done working at 11 am! How does that even seem like it would work?