PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr....Mad at myself

BabbyO
12-23-2013, 01:25 PM
I lost the receipt to a sizable purchase for work...and now the store can't seem to find the purchases despite giving the date and store location so they can't get me a copy of my receipt. I'm afraid I won't get this expense report in on time....

SO mad at myself. I had it...I started the report, but the purchases didn't show up so I wasn't able to finish it the day after I made them as I'd hoped...now it is a month later and I HAVE to get the report submitted so my CC is paid on time.

Why, why do I do this almost every time I have an expense report...stupid me!

BunnyBee
12-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Crap! *sending finding vibes*

It's the bitching post, so forgive advice, but I take a phone picture of receipts and gift cards and etcetera as soon as I get them. There are several apps that convert a jpg to PDF. That's handy occasionally for DH's work, and we used it frequently when we were buying a house. Anyway, good luck!

BabbyO
12-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Crap! *sending finding vibes*

It's the bitching post, so forgive advice, but I take a phone picture of receipts and gift cards and etcetera as soon as I get them. There are several apps that convert a jpg to PDF. That's handy occasionally for DH's work, and we used it frequently when we were buying a house. Anyway, good luck!

Thanks. I was actually able to call and get their CS to email me a copy. (Some of the best CS I've experiences, BTW at Gander Mountain!).

No need to apologize I was just wishing I could do the phone pic of my receipts but I have a VERY OLD, dumb phone...so it really doesn't work. Apps...on my phone! that just makes me giggle - thanks for the laugh! :)

BabyBearsMom
12-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Talk to your finance office. I run the Finance office for our company and people lose receipts all the time. Usually, if the person doesn't do it all the time, and they can show me the charge on a credit card statement and if the purchase is tangible, they show me what was bought, I will approve it.

BabbyO
12-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Talk to your finance office. I run the Finance office for our company and people lose receipts all the time. Usually, if the person doesn't do it all the time, and they can show me the charge on a credit card statement and if the purchase is tangible, they show me what was bought, I will approve it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep that in mind next time. Thankfully Gander Mountain has exceptional CS and were able to provide an emailed copy of the receipt! YAY!