PDA

View Full Version : If your MIL bags on Christmas Eve

dogmom
12-24-2013, 04:11 PM
2 hours before you were going to pick her up 5 min away, when you called her, not she called you claiming sciatica, I am under no obligation to go with DH and kids to bring her presents, correct? Especially when it's been bothering her all week, but she managed to get out and give a customer a massage this am. And she blew off Thanksgiving. I am taking her to the cardiology apt on 12/31 which is really what this is all about because her ejection fraction has dropped to a point they want to put a defibrillator in her. I don't care how much she claims she's OK with her mortality. Maybe if she is so worried she should spend the holiday with her only family.

ArizonaGirl
12-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Late to the thread, but HE11 no.

The end

HannaAddict
12-25-2013, 12:52 AM
If only face m items away , in the spirit of Christmas, I would stop by at some point. Is she having anxiety or is she normally a pain? I'm sorry and hope your kids aren't too disappointed. Gotta love the holidays!

dogmom
12-25-2013, 10:39 AM
If only face m items away , in the spirit of Christmas, I would stop by at some point. Is she having anxiety or is she normally a pain? I'm sorry and hope your kids aren't too disappointed. Gotta love the holidays!

Yes, I sucked it up and went, although my DH was supportive of me not going. The BP allowed me to vent. Just to be clear she had a heart attack 8 years ago because she spent decades ignoring her 220/120 BP. We got her great care, but her cardiac function has slowly declined, which is no surprise to anyone but her. None of this is new news, she's just the queen if denial. If she had called and said, I'm not up to it that would be one thing. It's the whole wait until you are calling to confirm pick up, don't answer the phone, then call back an hour later, tell us you worked that AM, then call us back and tell us to go out of our way to pick up your Chinese food order, and be walking around in high heels when we get there. Yes, she has anxiety, which she is also in denial about. She has even seen the kids for 8 weeks and she lives in the same town. I would be fine if I knew she didn't tell all her friends what a great grandmother she is. She just called to ask how Presents went. She feels better, but will not come over.

I am still pissed at her for Thanksgiving. I was working nights so we were invited to a friends house in town for dinner, who she knows. She was invited, she declined. Then she wanted to know when we would be out of the house so she could come over our place when it was empty to do her laundry. DH said no, I would be sleeping and she would wake me up. Once again did not see her son or grandchildren. We invited her for breakfast, she declined. It's just tiresome at times and I have to let it out.