PDA

View Full Version : Beware of VTech Toys

ladysoapmaker
12-26-2013, 01:34 PM
I bought an Innotab 3S for DD#2 for Christmas. New out of the box, set it up and played with it for a while. DD turn it off and came back an hour later to play with it again and it asked for the date & time again. I looked in the manual and in the Troubleshooting section it stated that if the time is incorrect the backup battery is low and needs to be replaced. I thought, "No biggie I'll call Vtech tomorrow and see what they can do for me."

Their customer service sucks. One: I had to be put on hold so the tech could research the issue. Two: "It sounds like a dead back up battery, you'll need to go out and purchase a new one" When I told her that was unacceptable, she then told me to take it back from where I bought it. My thoughts, "really you want me to go out into the mess known as After Christmas sales and returns and brave traffic and lines to hopefully have Best Buy have one in stock and hopefully they will exchange it since I purchased it online." I told her I wasn't planning on going out and dealing with the traffic and lines and that's why I called them and that I would like to speak with a supervisor. She then asked to put me on hold and she would see what they could do. No supervisor when she returned but they would be happy to send me a return authorization and prepaid label with in 15 days and have me send back my Innotab so they could evaluate it and send us a new one if this one was defective. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told none was available. I hung up after telling her that was not acceptable. I was proud I did not yell or scream. I called back later demanded to speak with a supervisor and finally got one who agreed the Innotab should have worked properly out of the box and they would send one to me within 5 to 7 business days and I would need to send the defective one back.

I'm actually thinking there is a problem with this machine as it's suppose to blink and green LED when it's charging and it's suppose to be a solid green when done charging and it's only blinked maybe 2 to 5 minutes after plugging it in and there has been no solid green light.

The annoying thing is not that it's not working properly, it's electronic, it happens sometimes they don't always work properly, it's the lack of a sincere I'm sorry. Even if they said we're sorry it's not working properly and we don't have those parts in stock as replacement parts. Please go out and buy one and send us a copy of the reciept and we'll reimburse you the cost, I don't think I would be as upset. I think it's the whole we don't carry those parts as replacements parts so it's not our problem attitude.

Jen