PDA

View Full Version : Barnes and Nobles Sales

lmr1101
12-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Hi,
I always seem to miss these... does anyone have an idea of when BN usually starts their big sales - including toys?
TIA

jgenie
12-26-2013, 04:02 PM
I received an email last night or this morning that red dot items were 50% off. It's hit or miss on what each store has though.

NCGrandma
12-31-2013, 04:42 PM
I received an email last night or this morning that red dot items were 50% off. It's hit or miss on what each store has though.

Finally stopped by B&N, and I guess my store was a definite "miss" -- a very random assortment of stuff, some of which I recognized from the $2 table a while ago. However, there was quite a lot of Elf on the Shelf stuff on a red dot table -- the actual elves plus a variety of outfits and accessories. (Sorry, I think the elves are creepy even if they are wearing chef's hats...)

One unusual thing -- there were many small tables of red dot stuff scattered throughout the store, in addition to a couple of big tables in the typical location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Seitvonzu
12-31-2013, 05:03 PM
i don't even look at these tables until they hit 75% off...it always seems like our store brings out new stuff-- boxes under the tables. sometimes if it seems like there is tons, i'll poke around-- just to see if ti's worth keeping track of :) i do love getting things when it hits 2 dollars though :)games/puzzles/etc.

flygirl555
01-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Finally stopped by B&N, and I guess my store was a definite "miss" -- a very random assortment of stuff, some of which I recognized from the $2 table a while ago. However, there was quite a lot of Elf on the Shelf stuff on a red dot table -- the actual elves plus a variety of outfits and accessories. (Sorry, I think the elves are creepy even if they are wearing chef's hats...)

One unusual thing -- there were many small tables of red dot stuff scattered throughout the store, in addition to a couple of big tables in the typical location. Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Thanks for the tip. Stopped by my stre today and there was assorted books, games and toys. Ii also noticed there were markdowns throughout the store vs only in one section. They did have two Hug Me Elmo dolls, but not sure of the price.

My son is on a Thomas the Train kick, so I couldn't resist splurging on this Lionel train set for $95. The manager said the 75% off sale will not start for about two weeks, and I knew it wouldn't last if I waited. I looked online and didn't see it for any less than $135. I'll hide it in the closet until his birthday and if he still doesn't still like Thomas by then, I'll sell it on CL or EBay. Being that's it's a Lionel set, I'm pretty sure I can make my money back.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-games-thomas-friends-train-chief-remote-set/25975441?ean=23922301901

Maxlee
01-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Today my store was 75% off - got a wooden skuut balance bike for $25 :)

njk07
01-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Today my store was 75% off - got a wooden skut balance bike for $25 :)

Of course! I have been stalking them the last week waiting for the prices to go down to 75% off and they go down on a bad weather day when I can't leave the house :(

Thanks for the heads up!

amatahrain
01-22-2014, 02:40 AM
Do you know if it was this one?
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-games-skuut-balance-bike/18703988

Do all BN markdown their clearance at the same time or do they do it regionally? Also, do percentages off usually vary or tend to be 75% off in all stores at/around the same time? Hope that made sense. It's late! Tia :)

kissmekate
01-22-2014, 07:55 AM
I checked out our store yesterday and it was also 75% off. I got an Easy Bake Oven, Christmas Shrinky Dinks, Christmas Smencils, fruit dominoes (by the makers of Bananagrams), and some cute Christmas stuffed animals. Our store also had the Lionel Thomas the Train sets and Imaginext Batman sets. I didn't think ours had as many toys as they typically do at these sales.

jgenie
01-22-2014, 08:30 AM

Do all BN markdown their clearance at the same time or do they do it regionally? Also, do percentages off usually vary or tend to be 75% off in all stores at/around the same time? Hope that made sense. It's late! Tia :)

You can click "find it in store" and input your zip code. If they have it you can reserve online and they will send you an email when they locate it. The email will have the store's current sale price.

Maxlee
01-22-2014, 09:12 AM

I think so

Seitvonzu
01-22-2014, 09:47 AM
did any of you notice if the other stuff that's been sitting at 50% off for weeks went down too- the calendars? holiday merch? (seriously b&n) or the christmas books in the children's dept?

kissmekate
01-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Our calendars and childrens books were still 50% off. At least that's what the signs said. I didn't take any of them to the register.

IansMom
01-22-2014, 01:50 PM
I went in today. The children's Chrismas books were at 75% off.

Seitvonzu
01-22-2014, 05:31 PM
ack iansmom..... i think that means i need to make a trek. i have a bunch i got at 50% off that i'll return and rebuy at 75% ;)

lchang25000
01-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Stopped by my store earlier today and picked up a bunch of these Lego Chima speedorz sets
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_11?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=lego+chima+speedorz&sprefix=Lego+chima+%2Ctoys-and-games%2C252

And this lego Ramses pyramid game
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4568227-Ramses-Pyramid/dp/B003AVNKXA/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1390427615&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+ramses+pyramid

Seitvonzu
01-22-2014, 08:36 PM
at our store calendars and books in the children's dept were still 50% off. :( the "clearance" tables did finally go to 75% but i literally saw nothing i couldn't leave on the table. (which is good because i'm not supposed to be buying ANYTHING right now)-- i was trying to rebuy/return with the holiday books :)

SASM
01-22-2014, 10:40 PM
I was in my BN store today. The calendars and children's Christmas books were also 50% off. I bought a few holiday books for our school's library, so definitely not an error in signage. :( The only toy thing of interest in the 75% area was a Corolle Emma doll. We are well past PTing so I thought I'd leave it for someone who could use it. :) I bought a bunch of coffee table reference books for 75% off - Illustrated Atlas of the Human Body, TIME: History of the World's Most Influential Magazine, Castles of the World, and Concise Atlas of the World. Ohhh...I DID by a handset for my iPhone bc my cheek constantly disconnects my calls...love the thing for $5!

twowhat?
01-23-2014, 03:34 PM
I went in today hoping for toys. But it was all Christmas stuff. Cards, wrapping paper, etc were marked down 50% or 75%. Christmas books 75%. I did see a couple of games, and lots of Christmas gift bags and some crafts. I was tempted to pick up some crafts (Paper House village) but decided against it since I already picked up a couple of paper Christmas crafts from Target for like $2 each.

njk07
01-23-2014, 04:26 PM

Yes, that's it! I was still able to get one from my store today.

hellokitty
01-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Ack, I am so lazy. We live less than 5 min from B&N, BUUUUT we don't have a nice B&N, so these sales are usually pretty disappointing compared to those of you who have the nicer stores with a real toy section. It's like -15 with the windchill and I am still in my pj's...

ckso
01-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Ack, I am so lazy. We live less than 5 min from B&N, BUUUUT we don't have a nice B&N, so these sales are usually pretty disappointing compared to those of you who have the nicer stores with a real toy section. It's like -15 with the windchill and I am still in my pj's...

I live about 5 minutes to a really nice 3 story B&N with a huge toy section that's about 70% the size of Target's toy section but they never have the type of sales people report in other locations ether. Toys rarely get clearance out and the ones that too are nothing I ever heard of or the box is messed up.

poppy
01-25-2014, 09:00 PM
We went in for the Lego event--which was crazy packed and not worth it. They gave out a small movie poster and people were crammed into this small space at our B&N.

Visited the 75% off sale, I thought it would all be gone but picked up 2 Mobigo games: Jake the Pirate and Madagascar 3, Hard cover Grinch Stole Christmas book and CD, Ravensburger 3D Christmas ornament puzzle, Fruitominoes.
Holiday canvas bags in red and green. Lots of candy, cookies and chocolate sauce, caramel and raspberry sauce 3 pack. I was afraid of the edibles b/c I wasn't sure how old it was but the sauces were tempting for making a sundae.

onlyscripts
01-26-2014, 12:00 AM
Any other toys worth getting that's on clearance? :)

poppy
01-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Any other toys worth getting that's on clearance? :)

I went to another BN and got 2 Elf on the Shelf Shrinky Dink Christmas kits, Winnie the Pooh Halloween Book (Hardcover), Sort it Out Jr. in a tin travel box, Big pad of Madlibs.

Mainly it was books and calendars. Some stuffed angry birds stuffed plush toys--girl version, it had a bow. There were some games in a can--apples to apples and some other ones.

njk07
01-27-2014, 02:35 PM
I went to another BN and got 2 Elf on the Shelf Shrinky Dink Christmas kits, Winnie the Pooh Halloween Book (Hardcover), Sort it Out Jr. in a tin travel box, Big pad of Madlibs.

Mainly it was books and calendars. Some stuffed angry birds stuffed plush toys--girl version, it had a bow. There were some games in a can--apples to apples and some other ones.

Are they $2 yet?

Seitvonzu
01-27-2014, 03:42 PM
not 2 dollars yet. our store is such a washout this time around - i'm grateful as i'm trying to declutter :)

i do wish that the christmas kids books in the kids section would have gone to 75% off , but alas, no. not even calendars!

hellokitty
01-27-2014, 05:32 PM
I live about 5 minutes to a really nice 3 story B&N with a huge toy section that's about 70% the size of Target's toy section but they never have the type of sales people report in other locations ether. Toys rarely get clearance out and the ones that too are nothing I ever heard of or the box is messed up.

Ours isn't quite as big, but the toys NEVER get clearanced at our store either. I was able to go a couple days ago and basically, I got a couple of books and a bunch of candy coal. Don't laugh, Hammond's candy coal is delicious! I actually ordered it from crate and barrel this past christmas as stocking stuffers, b/c I couldn't find any locally. Lo and behold, our B&N, which is within walking distance from my house had it! I asked the cashier, and she said that they get it every year, BUT she said that this yr, they did not receive it to put out on the shelves until a couple days until christmas! That is why they have a ton of it left! I bought 10 bags, lol! It is the yummiest cinnamon candy I have ever had, and I normally am not a big fan of cinnamon candy.

They had a lot of other gimmicky type of knick knacks at our store and a ton of cookies and candy, some christmas cards/wrap too (didn't buy the wrap, b/c I wasn't sure of the quality). It won't even be worth it to go back for the $2 sale. The candy coal was down to $1.

Oh and of course, right after I went to B&N, I came home, got the mail and saw that there were coupons in there (if you are a B&N member). So, make sure you bring those with you to the store, I think it was an extra 10% off one item. The most expensive thing I bought was a box of cards for $3, so I don't feel like I missed out too badly.

lchang25000
01-28-2014, 05:08 PM
Both B&N I went to today had all clearance for $2 each.

wifecat
01-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Both B&N I went to today had all clearance for $2 each.

Anything good?

Deal Queen
01-28-2014, 11:26 PM
Stopped by my store earlier today and picked up a bunch of these Lego Chima speedorz sets
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_11?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=lego+chima+speedorz&sprefix=Lego+chima+%2Ctoys-and-games%2C252

And this lego Ramses pyramid game
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4568227-Ramses-Pyramid/dp/B003AVNKXA/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1390427615&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+ramses+pyramid

Can you tell us the specific Lego Chima sets? I would like to see if my BN has them available for hold.

Thanks!

lchang25000
01-29-2014, 12:35 AM
Anything good?

Mostly just books and holiday leftovers so I'm glad I bought what I did at 75% off

lchang25000
01-29-2014, 12:40 AM
Can you tell us the specific Lego Chima sets? I would like to see if my BN has them available for hold.

Thanks!
I bought the royal roost 70108, whirling vines 70109, jungle gates 70104, and ice tower 70106

njk07
01-29-2014, 12:03 PM
I bought the royal roost 70108, whirling vines 70109, jungle gates 70104, and ice tower 70106

Thanks. I was able to reserve 3 of the jungle gates from my store @ $2 each :)

MomtoNico
01-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Did you call? Or reserve on line? Thx

njk07
01-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Did you call? Or reserve on line? Thx

Reserved online and I received confirmation already. One of the 4 stores in my area had it. I actually also reserved the royal roost and the whirling vines.

MomtoNico
01-29-2014, 03:17 PM
So you get the 2 dollar price? Thanks for your help. It shows up as being much more money but in stock at my store.

hellokitty
01-29-2014, 05:09 PM
I went back today, and got a few books and a hello kitty (no surprise there, right? :tongue5:) coffee mug for $2 each, plus I had extra 20% off coupons for two items, b/c of my bn membership. Not a huge savings. The items I had bought at 75% off were no longer there, so I guess it was good that I got them when I did.

njk07
01-29-2014, 07:13 PM
So you get the 2 dollar price? Thanks for your help. It shows up as being much more money but in stock at my store.

It shows regular price online but the confirmation email shows $2 each.

MomtoNico
01-29-2014, 08:58 PM
Thanks. Had no idea.

Twin Mom
01-29-2014, 11:03 PM
I went when it was still 75% off last weekend and the pickings were slim. Lots of holiday stuff, games in cans, travel Hungry Hippos. Nothing I really wanted. My DD bought travel Perfection for <$1.50 and DC lost a piece while they were playing with it in the car. I doubt I will go back for the $2 sale although I reserved a couple of Legos posted above. My DC aren't into Chima but for that price it might be worth it.

njk07
01-29-2014, 11:53 PM
I also got a couple of these for $2 (originally $24.95) - http://www.amazon.com/Yummy-Coffee-Designer-Plush-Kidrobot/dp/B00DQXUAQW. Cute! Even makes for a good valentine's gift for the coffee lover ;) … and if you're lucky, they may still have the Skuuts that were on clearance for $2.

onlyscripts
01-30-2014, 12:11 AM
Do it yourself marvel superhero
Ugly Doll in a Box (jack in the box toy - was a lil damaged so might be just my store that had it)

Anyone see any other toys on clearance

ahisma
01-30-2014, 11:58 AM
We had 4 tables of $2 clearance, but not much in the way of toys. However, there were some great books! I got a coffee table book of castles and one of the great wonders of the world for $2. I also got a huge, gorgeous National Geographic atlas for $20 from a different section.

All calendars are 75% off too. I got a couple of page-a-day ones to put in the kids' lunch boxes every day. Peanuts comics for DS1, dog photos for DS2.

jam224
01-30-2014, 12:01 PM
I just got an email today with a 15% off coupon.

twowhat?
01-30-2014, 12:13 PM
We had 4 tables of $2 clearance, but not much in the way of toys. However, there were some great books! I got a coffee table book of castles and one of the great wonders of the world for $2. I also got a huge, gorgeous National Geographic atlas for $20 from a different section.

All calendars are 75% off too. I got a couple of page-a-day ones to put in the kids' lunch boxes every day. Peanuts comics for DS1, dog photos for DS2.

The page-a-day calendars in the lunchboxes is a really awesome idea! I am bookmarking it in my brain.

I stopped by today just to see and yes - $2 clearance - mine had 3 tables but it was all Christmas stuff that I didn't want. Wrapping paper at $2/roll - not quite my price point, especially given they were only 20 sq ft rolls. Lots of Christmas gift bags, tissue paper, Elf on the Shelf cupcake kits, and books. I didn't see any titles that interested me though. Very few toys. Nothing I wanted.

onlyscripts
02-01-2014, 11:10 AM
The page-a-day calendars in the lunchboxes is a really awesome idea! I am bookmarking it in my brain.

I stopped by today just to see and yes - $2 clearance - mine had 3 tables but it was all Christmas stuff that I didn't want. Wrapping paper at $2/roll - not quite my price point, especially given they were only 20 sq ft rolls. Lots of Christmas gift bags, tissue paper, Elf on the Shelf cupcake kits, and books. I didn't see any titles that interested me though. Very few toys. Nothing I wanted.

nothing else good? :(