PDA

View Full Version : Tights that don't give you muffin top

niccig
12-27-2013, 12:17 AM
I've started to wear more skirts/dresses with tights and boots. No matter where the waistband of the tights ends (my waist or if I fold it down a bit), I get the ever so lovely muffin roll. Do I need a larger size tights? Tights with control top? Spanx something to smooth it out, but worried spanx will be seen under shorter skirt.

Help!

twowhat?
12-27-2013, 12:21 AM
I've started to wear more skirts/dresses with tights and boots. No matter where the waistband of the tights ends (my waist or if I fold it down a bit), I get the ever so lovely muffin roll. Do I need a larger size tights? Tights with control top? Spanx something to smooth it out, but worried spanx will be seen under shorter skirt.

Help!

I always buy tall sizes for tights. I'm not really tall (5'6'') but I need the extra length to stretch all the way up my torso:)

GaPeach_in_Ca
12-27-2013, 02:53 PM
I got a pair of Spanx high waist tights and love them just for this reason! I mainly wear dresses vs skirts & top, so no issues with the waistband being above the waistline of a skirt, but your shirt would cover.

abh5e8
12-27-2013, 03:58 PM
i just yank the tights all the way up, like to my ribs. (but i do have a super short torso. i'm barely 5'4" and wear long pants in some brands).

MelissaTC
12-27-2013, 06:33 PM
I size up. When I do that, I don't get the roll or the muffin top.

williams44
12-28-2013, 12:30 AM
I just recently found and fell in love with J Crew tights. I got the regular ones, not the control top. They are pricey, but I can tell that I won't wear any of my other tights because these are so comfy.

AnnieW625
12-28-2013, 01:16 PM
L:heartbeat:VE my Spanx tights from Target!

niccig
12-30-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll try sizing up and I'll get some spanx tights, especially for one dress that is a bit flimsy with material.

MelissaTC
12-30-2013, 04:33 PM
I have to say that I like the George brand control top tights I bought at.....Walmart! I took a chance and wound up with a great pair of tights. Go figure.